Chapter 14

A text

I decided not to knock. Jungkook can suffer from guilty for a little while. If he is even feeling guilty. I want to make him feel like I did. I can't drag him to a forest and leave him there to freeze.

But I want him to feel the hurt I feel whenever he does something to me. Even though they have never been intentional but still.

I opened my apartment door and flopped onto the bed. I stare at the ceiling for a long time before sighing.

I don't know what to do. I should compose the pictures for our project, but we settled we'd do it together. I wasn't in the mood anyway. We need to return it in a week.

Should I call Jimin? Ask if he wants to hang out or something. I want to thank him for helping me. Maybe I could offer dinner for him? Or a drink?

Without thinking anymore, I picked up my phone and texted him. I asked if he wanted to meet me at this local restaurant where students often go to eat.

Soon after, I received a text back. Jimin said yes with a smiling face. I giggled. I told him to meet me there in an hour.

I quickly hopped up and went to take a quick shower. After it, I put on light makeup. I curled my hair a little bit and went to pick up an outfit.

It was cold outside, and I was still recovering, so I wore a fluffy sweater and black jeans.

I look at myself in the mirror once more before walking to my door to put on the shoes and take the money, phone, etc.

I walked out of the door, and as I closed my door, the door next to me closed as well. I look up to see Jungkook leaving as well. He got startled by my presence but didn't say anything. I didn't say anything.

I just looked at him for a while before quick-walking out of the situation. I wasn't ready to talk to him, and by the look of his face, he wasn't either. Or he didn't care, for that matter.

Or for the third option: he wanted to give me more time. Which would be impossible. He didn't care about me and had no relationship before the incident. So I don't think it's the case.

I think he decided to keep living his life, not caring to apologize to me. Which he should do. And I want to hear it from him from his mouth. Things are over between us. No, that there was anything between us, to begin with.

Part of me wanted him to yell after me or grab my hand like in those kdramas or fanfics. The guy always grabs the girl's arm to prevent her from going. And then they would end up kissing or something.

I shrugged off all these thoughts and started walking towards the restaurant Jimin wanted to meet me.

I arrived at the restaurant and looked for him with my eyes scanning the place. Soon after, I saw a hand waving toward me, and the hand belonged to Jimin. He smiled sweetly with that eye smile at me, and I walked to him quickly.

''Hi, thank you for meeting me,'' I greeted and felt the need to thank him before sitting down.

I wanted to thank him for saving me and talk with him. I feel like I can trust him, that I can tell everything to him without regretting it.

''Pleasure is all mine. Did you have something specific?'' He asked when he lifted his hand to inform the waitress. Soon after, the waitress came smiling at us. We ordered drinks first because the food takes a while to make.

''I feel like I didn't thank you for saving me from that forest properly,'' I started when sipping my water. Jimin seemed a little bit surprised I came for it. It almost felt like he was waiting for something more.

''Oh, it was nothing. And Jungkook helped me after all,'' He smiled.

Why he had to mention him? I wanted this to be a Jungkook-free dinner. Jimin saw my tension after he mentioned him.

''Did you talk with him?'' He asked suddenly.

''Why should I talk with that dickface?'' I asked without thinking about the nickname more.

Jimin seemed to ten up to the language I was using about him. After all, they're friends, and I'm sure Jungkook means something to him.

''I know you might seem angry at him, and I sense there is another reason than him just leaving you in that forest. Knowing Jungkook, he did something else too,'' Jimin chuckled.

He was right. But I don't know if I should tell Jimin what I saw.

It might not be surprising where Jungkook is and what he is doing. If I blurt this out, he would think I like Jungkook. Because everyone in our school knows what happens if you sleep with him.

You end up being nothing for him. You're seen as stupid to get into his trap. And I'm not going to be one of those.

''It's just about our project. We had some disagreements on that,'' I lied. I hate lying, but for now, it was for the best.

An awkward silence came. This all was just so new to me, to be honest. Being out with a guy. And I didn't even know if I was interested in Jimin like that. And he about me. He could just be friendly to me.

''Do you still want to do that plan of ours?'' Jimin suddenly asked. Right, plan B, I almost had forgotten about it.

Should we? Should I try to make Jungkook hurt just like me? Will he even be affected by it? This might be a waste of time also.

''We don't have to pretend to be in a relationship if that's what you're thinking,'' Jimin added.

That could work. I didn't want to pretend to have a boyfriend. A friend could be better. ''You want to pretend to be friends?'' I asked, implying something. Because I wanted to be his friend. I didn't want to pretend it. And he is right.

''I would like that,'' He smiled at me.

We spend eating out food and talking about things we both like. It was a fun afternoon. I learned a lot about his interests and little details about his friends.

After dinner, we headed to the park and got some ice cream. The day was still going.

''Are you okay, by the way?'' Jimin asked once we had gotten our ice creams. We were now walking around the local park near our school. He must be implying my recovery.

I nodded while licking my ice cream. ''I'm still a bit sick, but I'm better.''

Soon Jimin had to leave because he had something important to do. I needed to shop for food, so we said our goodbyes and headed in different directions.

On the way to the grocery store, my phone informed me about a text. I picked it up from my pocket and looked at the text while walking casually, thinking it could be from my best friend, Jimin, or my parents. But it wasn't.

Jungkook:
We need to talk, come to my apartment.

____

Remember to give this chapter a vote ⭐️
and follow me on my Instagram @/taehyungslittleberry 🤍