Chapter 1

***Claudia's POV***

"Claudia get your ass up and hurry down stairs! And don't forget to wear something nice!"

I groan and roll out of bed falling on the cold floor.

"Shit" I mumbled before standing up.

OH MY GOD!!! There are gunna be adopters here today!!!

Oh sorry, you are probably wondering how I know there are gunna be adopters. Well that's easy, whenever Tracy (the person who runs this hell hole) says to dress in something nice that means that there are gunna be people there looking to adopt.

I quickly run to the bathroom and get a cold shower to wake myself up. Also because the orphanage can't pay for hot water.

Once I'm don't with my shower I put on my nicest clothes which consist of a pair of black shorts and a white tank top and both are hand-me-downs from the orphanage.

I quickly run downstairs and stand in line with the other kids by age. Since I'm the oldest kid I stand on the far left away from the door.

After about 5 minutes of standing around a couple probably around there mid-thirties walk in and walk down the line of kids. Then they stop in front of me.

"Hello I'm Anne, and this is Robert. What is your name?" The lady, Anne, says.

"Um hi, my name is Claudia."

"Hi Claudia, would you like to come home with use?" Robert suddenly says.

My mouth opens so wide they probably think I have some sort of disability.

"W-wait you mean me?" I say stuttering.

They laugh at that. "Haha yes silly you."

"OMG I CANT BELIEVE THIS THIS IS HAPPENING YES YES YES!!!!" I yell while jumping up and down.

"Haha yep she and Conner will get along great." Robert says while laughing.

Wait Conner? Now I'm getting a little confused. And I think Anne and Robert could tell I was confused because Anne started to explain.

"You see Conner is our son. And I wasn't capable of havering another child because we also wanted a girl so we decided to adopt one and that child will be you."

I make an "O" shape with my mouth showing that I understand.

"Ok now you go upstairs and pack while we get these papers signed." Anne said cheerfully.

------------------------------------------------------------

(While in the car.)

My face was pressed against the cold window. I was thinking about what my new life would be like and if Conner would like me, or if I would like him.

But I was mostly thinking about if I would be able to trusts them with my secret about being a soul shifter.

But I my thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Anne.

"How about you take a nap we won't be at the house for another 2 hours."

(A/N: I don't live in Florida so I don't really know how long it takes to get from the top to the bottom)

"What 2 hours! Do you guys live in the middle of the woods or something?"

"Um haha yes we do actually, but there is a small village." Replies Robert.

"Oh ok." I say a little shocked. But I soon fall asleep.

I was soon waken up by someone calling my name.

I look over and see Anne tapping on the window and calling my name.

I open the car door and get out. But only to see this HUGE house. It's probably not even a house, ITS A FREAKING MANSION!!! It has 3 levels and u think I saw a swimming pool in the backyard. As I'm looking at the house in awe I hear someone slightly chuckle next to me.

I turn around and I'm standing right next to this guy who looks to be about my age.

"Oh I'm hello, I'm Claudia." I greet myself shyly. And stick out my hand for him to shake.

"Hi I'm Conner," The guy I front of me says. "And in this family we don't shake hands to greet family, we hug!" And with that I'm put into a giant bear hug.

"C-can't- b-breath" I manage to squeak out.

"Oh sorry." He says and let's me go.

"So," Anne says getting our attention. "Conner will show you your room and dinner will be at around 6. Ok?" She asks.

"Ok thanks." I reply.

Soon Conner leads me with my small duffle bag up stairs to the 3rd floor. And as I get to my room I look in and gasp.

It was basically my dream room.

The walls were pitch black with different neon colors splatter painted on the black. There was a queen sized bed with a galaxy styled comforter, different neon colored beanbags in a corner. And some art supplies with a drawing desk in another corner.

I could hear Conner snicker at what my face probably looked like but I don't care.

I saw 2 doors and I got a little confused, so I went over to open them.

One of the doors was my very own walk in closet and the other once was a master bathroom with a jacuzzi and normal shower.

"So do you like it?" Asked Conner.

"Naw," I replied and he gasped.

"I LOVE IT!!!" I screamed at I jumped in my bed.

"Oh thank god I was actually scared for a moment cause I thought you actually didn't like it." Conner says releasing a breath he must have been holding in.

"Ok so dinner is in 2 hours so you can hang out here and get settled for a while if you want." Conner said.

"Ok thanks!" I say and Conner leaves my room.

'This is going to be amazing!!!' Said my inner animal, Nicole.

'I know right!!!' I reply back through our mind link.

'I just hope we will be able to trust them with our secret soon.'

'Yeah I really do to, but they seem like really nice people so far.'

'I know I know, but what if they end up not liking us or what we are?'

She's got a point there.

'I'm gunna go on a run ok?'

'Yeah ok'

-----------------------------------------(A/N)--------------

Hey guys so I will put up a description of what Claudia and Conner look like and also of what they like and of Claudia's animal forms.

MUFFIN PRINCESS, AWAY!!! 😝