Chapter 12

***Claudia's POV***

I walked into the big house and practically everyone stopped what they were doing to look at me. I was flattered by it but it kind of creeped me out and made me worry about my identity.

I walked down the steps and looked around for alpha John. And when I couldn't find him inside, I went around the back of the house. And to say it was beautiful would be an understatement.

There was a big stage in the middle of the yard and tables around the border that had food and drinks on them. Everything was just so, elegant.

When I found alpha John talking to someone I went up next to him and waited for their conversation to end.

"Oh may I help you?" He asks turning to me.

"Alpha John, it's 'Chloe'" I say so he would understand.

"Ahh yes! Thank you so much for coming." He says giving me a big hug. Alpha John was like the grandpa I never had.

"You're welcome, and the party is beautiful."

"Why thank you, we had the entire pack help with the decorating. Oh and here is our future alpha now!" A young boy only about 18 walks up to alpha John.

"Chan-Chloe, this is my grandson and future alpha, Adam. Adam, this is Chloe. Your 'cousin.'"

"Hi nice to meet you Chloe."

"Nice to meet you to." I say back.

He was actually pretty cute. He had redish brown hair like alpha John. And brown eyes as far as I can tell in this lighting and since he has a mask on.

"You look lovely tonight." He tells me probably trying to be nice.

"Thanks, you look nice yourself," Ok now this is getting awkward. "Well I shouldn't keep you waiting, your mate probably doesn't want you talking to random girls."

"I actually haven't found my mate yet, I'm only taking this position because my grandpa is getting weaker and is becoming sick."

Wait, WHAT? Why didn't he tell me this? I could of tried to help him.

"Oh I'm very sorry to hear that." I say without much emotion because I don't want them to know how much I care. I know it sounds weird but I hate showing a lot of sad emotion.

"Well, would you like to dance? It's not that weird to see cousins dancing right?"

"I don't think it is." I say laughing lightly.

We walked inside as a new song started playing and he took waist as I held onto his shoulders. I have only been to actually dance lessens a couple times, and it was when I was with Janie. But it wasn't completely elegant dancing, it was more too !pop music and rap.

But I got the hand of it after a minute. It was actually really fun and me and Adam were goofing off some while he was teaching me.

About an hour later everyone went outside and gathered around the stage. Because I was 'family' I got to stand on the edge of the stage instead of in the crowd.

We watched as John stepped down and Adam stepped up and became alpha Adam.

After about another hour of everyone downstairs and talking it's teen time. And I had no idea that they would be doing this. I was actually ready to leave when the adults and kids did but Adam insisted that I stayed.

All of the teens from 13-19 could stay up and listen to what ever they wanted and stay up as late as they wanted. That's when I decided to take off my mask. I know it's a risk but I didn't see anybody that would know me.

We listened to a lot of one direction and Justin Bieber because only the girls would choose the music. And I would personally dance to anything.

After a little while nobody had choose any music so nothing was playing so I decided to choose something because everyone was just sitting down.

I went up to the Dj and told him to put on 'where did party go' by Fall Out Boy. (A/N: I won't write out all of the lyrics do if you don't know the song google it 😙)

When it came on I grabbed Adams arm and we went out onto the dance floor and I started singing. And soon a bunch of people followed us.

After the song was done we did karaoke in the living room.

After a few people sang and we all laughed with the person when they got a bad score. Then Adam pushed me and told me that I had to sing. Do that's what I did.

I went up to choose a song and found the perfect one. Rat a Tat (feat. Courtney Love) by Fall Out Boy. And yes I know how unsealed I am with them. (A/N: again search the song if you don't know it)

I sang the song and when I cursed some if the younger ones were like 'ohh she said a bad word!' But when I was done everyone was staring at me with shocked expressions.

"What?" I asked.

"Well I knew you could sing, but I didn't know you could that well." Adam said while some others nodded their heads in agreement.

"I swear it not that good. You should have heard my mom, her singing was like the angles." I tell them thinking back to when my mom used to sing me to sleep.

"I wish we could." Adam said for everyone.

"Yeah," I looked over at the clock and saw it said 1:35. "Oh crap, I got to go. Well it was nice meeting you guys. Adam, tell John I said bye." I grab my mask and run out of the house.

When I'm far enough away I shift into my wolf form and run back to the cave. When I get in I hop in the shower trying not to wake Janie but it didn't work and when I get out she is sitting on my bed yawning.

"Oh god, you were out late. What were you doing?"

"Oh the teenagers were allowed to stay up later then others and I lost track of time." I say while going into my walk in closet to get on my pajamas.

When I walk out Janie is on her phone probably on Instagram.

"Whatcha looking at?" I say sitting next to her on my bed.

"Nothing just some one direction pictures. Nothing new." If you couldn't tell, Janie is a directioner. But not one if those diehard directioners, just a normal. Not so obsessed fan.

"Ok well I'm going to sleep, goodnight."

"K goodnight." She says still looking at her phone while she leaves the room to go into the guest room.

I actually had a lot of fun today. It's nice to be with other people sometimes, just to make sure you don't go insane by yourself.

----------------------------------------(A/N)-------------

Hey!

So like I said, I posted the ball/party part.

I hope you liked it and I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes. I'm really lazy and don't like to edit my work, sorry 😁

So I am mostly free next week so I will probably post more then normal

MUFFIN PRINCESS, AWAY!!! 😝