Chapter 2

***Claudia's POV***

I walk down stairs trying to remember the way that I took to get up here. But just my luck I hit a dead end, three times.

"Why is it so hard to just find the front door?!" I mumble.

I hear a laugh and turn around.

When I see it's Conner I squeal like a 4 year old getting what they wanted for Christmas a run to him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I scream giving him a bone crushing hug.

"W-what-f-for?" He manages to say.

"For saving me from this maze silly!" I say like it's the most obvious thing.

"Oh, well ok then." He says still a little confused.

"Now if you don't mind, would you please help me find the front door so I can go on a walk?" I ask.

"Um I don't know if you should go by your self cause there are wolves out there." He says.

"Pleeaaasssseeeee!!! I promise not to really far into the woods!" I say trying to compromise. While using my puppy dog eyes.

"Ugh fine!" He says a minute after trying to resist my face but failing.

"Just be back by 5:30 so you can wash up for dinner." He says.

"YAY YAY YAY!!! And ok I'll make sure to be back by then."

He walks me down to the front door and before I'm about to step out he stops me.

"Oh btw, dad wanted me to give this to you." Then he pulls out an iPhone 5s.

"OH MY GOD!!! I love it, but I really can't just take your money like that."

"Its ok it's a gift just take it." Robert says coming out of nowhere.

"Please I really don't need one."

"Oh my god just take it it's a gift and we have more money then we need." He says still arguing.

"I guess there's no reason to argue." I say sighing and taking the phone.

"All of our contacts are already in your phone." Robert says.

"Ok so I'm going to go on a walk and Conner said I could!" I say quickly running outside.

Once in outside I feel a cool fall breeze but it was still warm cause it's Florida.

I quickly do a lap around the house in my human form but using a little but of my inhuman speed. I see that there is in fact a huge pool in the back along with a huge back yard. And when I say huge I mean like 15 acres of land, huge.

I start to walk towards the trees and once I'm far enough in that I know no one can see me I shift into my wolf form.

(One thing that I love so much about being a soul shifter is that your clothes don't rip to shreds when you shift, and they are still on you when u shift back to human form.)

I hear bones cracking and see pure white fur start to grow all over my body.

By now I'm used to the feel but when I first started to shift it hurt like hell.

I start to run, loving the feeling of being free. Nicole really wanted to be out and in control so I let her.

A long time ago when I first started shifting we made a deal the I would let her out because I think it is cruel to look someone up when they haven't done anything wrong. We made a deal that she could be in control sometimes but she would have to let me have control back when I asked for it.

And so far we have never broken that deal and Nicole always listens to me when I ask for control.

---------------------------------------------------------

I have been in the woods for about 10 minutes now and I have already found my own secret place. It is in a cave behind a beautiful clear blue waterfall, but you can't really see through the water. I found it while I was swimming in my dolphin form.

I have now been out for about 45 minutes and it's about 5 so I decided to start heading back.

I didn't know the direction of the house but I could smell it so I just followed the scent.

I was about half way there when I heard a twig snap a little bit I front of me.

I quickly shift into my cougar form and climb the nearest tree so I could see who the people or animals were.

I was sitting there for about a minute before I heard two voices.

I recognized one of them as Conner, but I didn't know the other one.

Wait why are they so far into the forest anyways?

Oh well, I shrugged it off and started to eavesdrop using my inhuman hearing.

"What do you mean there have been more rouge sightings!" Said Conner.

'Wait did they say rouges?' Asked Nicole.

'Yeah I think they did. Do you think they're werewolves!' I asked.

'Im not sure, just keep listening they might say something about being werewolves.'

And with that I cut off the mind link to listen to the rest of the conversation.

"Yeah, it's as if something attracted them to come here." Said the mystery voice.

Well that was probably my fault cause rouges have always been after soul shifters.

"Wow I wonder what it is?" -Conner

"Yeah... So anyways, what was it that was so important that you had to drag me into the woods to tell me?" -mystery voice

"Oh yeah! Well you see my parents adopted this girl named Claudia and she's about our age. So she will be going to our school, but she's human." -Conner

I snicker at the human part cause they have no idea who I really am.

"Ok so we will have to make sure that nobody shifts in front of her or she might be freaked out." -mystery voice

"Ok thanks, I'm just kinda worried about her." -Conner

"Hey you're my best friend and my beta of corse I will look after her, she's your family so she's like the packs family." -mystery voice

'Yep they're werewolves!' Nicole said.

'Yep'

'Oh crap! It's 5:25! I need to get back.'

With that I shift into eagle form and quickly flay towards the house.

Once I'm close to the house and there is nobody around I shift back to human form. Tidy my clothes and walk to the house.

-----------------------------------------(A/N)---------

Ok so I think I'm spelling 'rouges' wrong so if anyone has the correct spelling please tell me

MUFFIN PRINCESS, AWAY!!! 😝