Chapter 1

This is a Keeper of the Lost Cities fanfiction, and I like both Sokeefe and Sofitz... But sorry, those ships won't be in here too much....... :-(

I don't own Kotlc, all the rights belong to the wonderful Shannon. I am just one of her many fans... ;-) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYway, this has no spoilers from Nightfall, BUT, if you haven't read Lodestar, there may be some. But......... ENJOY!!!!

Lai Elizabeth Foster was busy stuffing her face in her fluffy pillow. She didn't want to go out of her room. She didn't want to see Doro, the person that her parents wanted her to marry. No, she hadn't gotten her match lists, but it was practically decided anyhow. And he WOULD be on her match list, as he was a son of a member of the Nobility, with all these lame, powerful powers and whatnot. Lai actually was starting to hope she would be listed as Talentless. Then she couldn't be matched with him. Not that her mom would care. She hated all that Matchmaking stuff. But therein lied the problem... Her mom thought she liked him. But she didn't. Oh, oh she didn't. 

Her heart belonged to Fior, and so far he showed no Talent, just as she. He was a level 3, just as she. Lai loved him, but she hadn't the faintest idea if he liked her back. Oh well....

"Laifly! My little Laifly, come down! Your Doro is here!"

My Doro. No, he wasn't mine. I am his. And there's not a  thing I can do about it. She  thought...