Chapter 12

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Oh." Cess said, "That's why we're waiting..."

Hundreds of prodigies gaped at.... The .... Lightleaper?! 

"Did it fall?" Lai said incredulously. 

"I guess so..."

"Yep, it did!" Shouted a familiar voice. Lai spun around and saw.... Doro.

"Hey, gurl!" he said, hugging her awkwardly. She pushed away.

"What's wrong, gurl?"

"I'm fi-nothing! Nothing's wrong! I-I just remembered that I forgot to go to my locker!"

Cess gave her a weird look, but she shot her a glare. 

"Oh, oh yeah! She totally forgot her bag! And.... Uh.... So did I!"

Lai resisted the urge to facepalm. Her friend was not very good at lying. Also, they had their bags. 

"Uh...Ok?" As she turned away, he said, "Wait! You forgot something else!"

She turned back, and stifled a scream. Doro pecked her on the cheek, then patted her back. His emotions felt strange... Somewhat wrong... "Go on gurl."

Lai blushed furiously, and walked away, dragging Cess.

"Why would he do that?!" She whispered loudly.

"I dunno, but don't look now-here comes your other boy!"

Fior was shuffling forward forlornly. 

"Fior! What's wrong?" She called, but she already knew. He had seen. That was why he had done it. That, that b-

"Nothing." He said bitterly, looking down.

"Fior... it wasn't like that!"

"I know what I saw."

Cess looked back and forth between them, confused.

"I promise! Please!"

"I know what I saw, Lai. " He spat angrily, then turned his back to her and walked away, throwing down a paper.

She stood in shocked silence, before bursting into tears.

"Lai.... What was that? What did he mean?"

"H-he s-aw-aw, C-Cess!" She sputtered, her face in her hands.

"Saw... what?"

"H-he sa-saw, Ce-Ces-s!!!"

"Calm down. What did he see?"

"D-d-doro!!!!"

"Yeah, so? It's not like he's jealous, or angry, at your relationship with Doro!"

Lai choked, "WHAT?! I don't have a relationship with Doro!!!"

"No? He seemed to act like it! Why'd he kiss you then!"

"CAUSE HE'S JEALOUS THAT I LIKE FIOR BETTER THAN HIM!" Immediately, she turned as red as could be. "I-I-I mean, he-he-he-" 

Her legs gave out and she collapsed to the floor. Cess stood over her. 

"YOU LIKE FIOR?!?!?!?" She screamed. The whole room turned toward her. Her face went purple. Their emotions pounded her. 

"I-I think I'm going to be sick..." She muttered. She got up and ran, her hand over her mouth, toward the bathroom, where she sat down hard in a corner, squished between a toilet and a wall. She broke down, crying her head off. Lai scrabbled in her pockets for her home crystal. Most Elves wore it around their necks, but instead, she kept it in her shirt pocket, or her pants, or her socks. 

It was in her bag, that day. There was, fortunately, enough light to leap, and that was exactly what she did. 

When she arrived home, she threw her bag down and ran down a path toward a small cave. There, she cried. Alone. Alone.

Unbeknownst to her, she was making the same mistake that her Grandmother had made so long ago...