Chapter 22

I've had to make a decision. You are probably going to kill me for it. But Flashback is coming out soon, and we might find out whether it is Sofitz or Sokeefe. So..I want to decide before i'm influenced. I know I'm gonna lose some likes no matter what I choose-so be it. I had to choose at some point, didn't I? And the ship i've chosen isn't necessarily my favorite, but it works best for this story. I've rambled long enough. Thanks for being with me, guys. It's been forever!  

Fior's eyes were still closed, and he supposed he wasn't really conscious at all. He remembered what had happened, though. But... Really, what had happened? Who was the attempted murderer? Frankly, had they been a real murderer? Who was to say he wasn't dead? 

Does that mean I'll never see Lai again?

In the darkness, a sturdy figure emerged, spinning slowly. A young man with dark hair and teal eyes. He looked quite similar to Fior, but older. A girl that seemed slightly younger with blond hair formed, faced away. The girl looked down at her feet. The boy looked to be pleading with her, and she seemed to feel awful about it. 

In an echoey voice, she said, "I'm sorry, Fitz. I really did love you..."

Fitz closed his bright eyes, and when he opened them, they looked almost shattered. He seemed heartbroken, but not angry. Not surprised. 

"I get it." he scrubbed his eye, "I loved you too. I still do. But..It'll be ok." Smiling weakly, he glanced up at her. "This won't ruin anything, Sophie. I'll always love you as a friend-a best friend." 

On a whim, Sophie stepped forward and pecked him on the cheek. Fitz blushed slightly, but kept his composure. 

"I swear, this won't ruin anything. You were the one that brought me here in the first place. You started it all. Without you, I would have my Doctorate at 14."

Fitz laughed softly. "Doesn't it take years to get a Doctorate?"

"How should I know?"

He smiled. "You're the great Sophie Foster, after all. Don't you know everything?"

"You're Wonderboy! And besides, you're older than me! Shouldn't you know everything?" She retorted, smirking.

He pointed at her lips. "I already see signs of Keefe!" 

Both of them giggled. Then Sophie's smile faded slightly. "The Neverseen aren't really gone, are they?"

Fitz stopped. He looked serious. "Where did that come from?"

Sophie didn't answer. He sighed. "No. They're not. We have to be prepared."

She nodded. "For the worst."

"What could possibly be worse?" 

Both figures faded, and Fior's mind tuned to black. 

A young girl skipped across the dark stage like a play. Her blond hair flew behind her, and her blue eyes shown. Her bare feet slapped the floor. 

Slap slap slap slap. 

She looked a lot like Sophie, but different, in some small ways. 

In front of his eyes, she sprouted up, and then family appeared around her-including a young Sophie and a woman with sharp blue eyes. Her ears grew pointy, and everyone around her wisped away, except for Sophie, who became beautiful. Heartbreakingly, strikingly, awfully beautiful. Familiar in so many ways that cut his heart to pieces.

She looked exactly like someone he knew. And then Fitz appeared next to her, again. He shank, became younger. A grown woman and a boy who looked much too familiar. 

He should've known all along. 

All three of them were gone in an instant. 

Then Fior's world cracked open, and light seeped in like glowing glass shards. 

"Fior? Can you hear me?"