14

I HAD A VISION

•••

"I had a vision." Thor began, "A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at it's center is that." He pointed at the shining yellow gem in the middle of the red man's forehead and looked back at everyone. "What is-" "It's the Mind Stone." Thor said, cutting me off and I rolled my eyes. If something was my biggest pet peeve it would definitely be someone cutting me off mid-sentence. "It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"That's a bit dramatic isn't it?" I put in, earning glances from the group and a small grin of Pietro. Maybe it was better for me to shut up.

"Then why would you bring it to-" Just as Thor did with me, he cut off Steve, "Because Stark is right."

"Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce interjected. Talk about dramatic.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." "Not alone." He red man interjected, finishing Thor's sentence and Thor nod in agreement with the red man.

"Why does your vision sound like JARVIS?" Steve asked looking suspiciously at the red man. No one really trusted him but if there was a slight chance of him possibly defeating Ultron, we had to.

"We... we reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new."

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" The Vision said. If that's what we're calling him now. "You're not?" I scoffed. "I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am... I am." "Vision?" I sarcastically spoke up and the red man closed his eyes and sighed.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." Thor backed up and everyone looked from the red man towards the muscular man. "Is it? Are you on our side?" Steve asked and the red man opened his eyes again to create eye contact between the two.

"I don't think it's that simple." He said.

"I honestly think it is." I remarked and Clint spoke up from next to me. "Well, it better get real simple real soon." I laughed at Clint's comment and he nudged me in my side to remind me we were in an adult conversation and in a serious scene. Yet still, he couldn't hide his own grin.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all."

Well that was clear before that man came to life. I jerked up my eyebrow but decided not to comment on the way he was being an annoying philosopher while time was running out.

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked deciding to break the silence between all of us and the Vision.

"You."

"Where?"

"Sokovia."

"Natasha." Both me and Clint whispered as we looked to each other. My head quickly turned towards the Maximoff's who looked really uncomfortable with the fact of returning. And so was I.

"If we're wrong about you. If you are the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?" Vision asked looking around at the raging faces of everyone. Ending with me. I was the only one smiling. He now realized what we'd do to him, which was destroying him.

"I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth, so he must be destroyed. We have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." He cleared out before he grabbed Thor's Mjolnir that was lying on the table behind him and hands it to him.

Vision then walks off and everyone stared at Vision before staring dumbfounded and startled at Thor who had his Mjolnir in his hand. The whole room was quiet and my mouth shot open to speak up but nothing came out of it. So far I know, no one could ever pick up his precious hammer and seeing Vision just did made everyone shocked.

"Right." Thor quietly said as if nothing happened. He of course knew, he for the first time, wasn't the only one mighty.

"Three minutes. Get what you need." Steve said and his echoes filled the room, finally reaching to our ears and making us shot up in action and walk part ways towards wherever we should be.

•••

"Our priority is getting the civilians out of the city. We know Ultron's coming, they don't." Steve said when everyone was standing in the flying Quinjet. Everyone sat down in their place while I walked my way towards the stressing Pietro instead of Wanda. Somehow she was in my head, telling me to go to him and somehow I convinced myself to obey to her.

"Hey, Silverboy. You nervous?" I asked, plopping down in the chair next to him while he shook his head, "Not at all." I looked down at his hands fumbling with one another and cocked an eyebrow up. "Then why are you fumbling nervously with your fingers?" I whispered and Pietro stopped his movement. He shot his head up to me and smiled nervously.

"Okay, I am terrified, princezná." "Good, me too. Now we can be terrified together." He quietly laughed, trying not to draw anyone's attention as he did. "Somehow, it sounds less terrifying knowing someone feels the same. That I'm not alone."

"Look around." I whispered making Pietro look around the Quinjet to every Avenger plus his sister and me. "Everyone's is terrified. It's a part of us now. I mean look at all of us," I said darting my eyes to every person in the Quinjet.

"Tony has his life depending on the glowing circle in his chest. Clint has children and knows if he is dead, they grow up without a father. Bruce is afraid he'll be the last one standing and couldn't join his friends in death, as much as he wants to. Thor is afraid he wont win this war for the only planet he would risk his life for to keep it protected. Steve is afraid people get hurt, that's who he is; thinking about others wellbeing more than himself. and you Maximoff's are afraid of going through life without each other."

"And you? What are you afraid for?"

"I don't know. I think losing."

"Losing against Ultron?"

"Losing the people I started to care about," I whispered as I looked away towards my swords lying on the metal floor.

"So fight as hard as you can. And be terrified. That's how we win." I stood up and smiled down at Pietro, "Oh, and don't die. I couldn't live with myself if you died by the hands of Ultron and not mine." I joked and Pietro slightly chuckled. "Try again." he said.

"I couldn't live with myself if you died."

•••A/N•••
spoiler free review of infinity war;
MARVEL STUDIOS FUCKED ME UP REAL GOOD. HOW DO YALL EVEN MANAGE TO MAKE ME CRY THE WHOLE MOVIE STRAIGHT??? overall its pretty good.