17

TOGETHER

•••

The rest of the team joined Vision and Thor in the small open church in the middle of the city. I looked around until my eyes landed to the center of the church where the core was.

"Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing 'hide the zucchini'."

"Relax not all of us can fly." And soon Natasha stood next to Tony and me. "Did you just came in with a truck?" I asked looking from Natasha towards the truck she was previously riding in. "Like I said; not everyone can fly. Now, what's the drill?"

Tony pointed towards the vibranium core before looking up to Natasha, "This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

Then Ultron shows up not far away from the church with a small amount of bots. He caught everyones attention and everyone stopped with what they were doing to look up at the flying satanic piece of metal.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor yelled out to him and Ultron spread his arms as he summoned more of his bots to join him. They all ran like wild animals just to stop behind Ultron.

"You had to ask." Me and Steve said in sync, looking at the God in between us with an annoyed look.

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?" He asked, grimacing as he looked down at us and eying the twins in wary.

We were definitely outnumbered and it scared the crap out of me. Just one week ago, I was an assassin, ready to kill Von Strucker for killing my sister. Now, I was one of the Avengers and honestly, it would be an honor to die for them, for earth. Dying, knowing that I, for once, did something good instead of just killing. Yet I didn't want to die. I lost my family but I gained a new one in a day. It's a rare opportunity you should be thankful about. So dying was the last thing on my to do list.

"Well, like the old man said. Together."

Soon we all fight off Ultron's attacking bots. Clint with his arrows that mysteriously weren't all used up even though he carried like, fifteen arrows? Steve with his vibranium shield that bounced from bot to bot and back to him. Tony with his Iron Man suit blasts. The Norse God with his precious hammer. Vision with whatever power he had outside of flying. Natasha with her electric sticks. Wanda with her telekinesis. Bruce with... the Hulk. Pietro with his speed and I with my swords.

The bots came from one way to another way and we all fought for one purpose, to protect the core and the people on this planet.

Before I knew, one of the bots had me by my throat and lifted me off the ground. My hands were around his metal hands trying to slap them away but to no avail. My words were lying on the ground and everyone was too busy fighting off their own bot and protecting the core to notice me struggling. The world around me went blurry and spun fast, black spots covered my already blurry view and I snickered for oxygen but nothing remotely entered my body. My eyelids closed as my lips parted open and when I thought I was just milliseconds away from dying I felt solid ground underneath me while my lungs took in the oxygen. "Are you okay, moja láska?" Pietro asked as he crouched down to me, softly grabbing my trembling hand in his. "Do I look okay?" I asked, couching. He smiled down at me and chuckled lowly and just for a couple second we forgot where we were and what was happening around us. "You always look beautiful." He said as his hand found my waist and he pulled me up. "I didn't mean it like that-" "Can you guys flirt another day?!" Pietro and I snapped to reality when we heard Steve yelling in our ears.

Just then I saw how Ultron flew in the church and attacked Vision who was flying just above us all. He fought off Ultron and flung him outside the church where Thor, Tony and Vision soon surrounded him and fought him off while the rest was held responsible for the core in the church.

Ultron's parts flew off of him and I smiled brightly when I saw a glimpse of the Hulk knocking Ultron far away and over buildings until he wasn't in sight anymore. The robot army started to retreat and I sighed in relief as I pulled my sword out of a bot. "They'll try to leave the city." Steve yelled out from above the remaining sounds of screams.

"We can't let them leave. Not even one! Rhodey!"

"I'm on it!"

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell when the air is getting thin. You guys get to the helicarrier, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." Steve said as he started to run out of the church.

"What about the core?" Clint yelled after but he was already gone. "I'll protect it. It's my job." Wanda offered, standing defensively next to the core before she looked at her twin brother. The rest left the church but me and Pietro. "I'm not gonna leave you here." Pietro yelled and his sister smiled lovingly.

"I can handle this." She said, sending red aura towards an incoming bot and shredding it to pieces. "Come back for me when everyone else is off, not before." She demanded and Pietro hummed as he grabbed my waist. He hummed and rolled his eyes making Wanda drop her head in annoyance. "You understand?" Wanda asked with a jerked up eyebrow and Pietro looked at me before looking back at his sister. "You know, I'm 12 minutes older than you." They both chuckle before Wanda motioned him to go.

We all helped the others onto the helicarrier and sat down in it before a woman cried out, almost screamed, a certain name. "Costel!" She screamed, her cheeks wet because of the tears. I looked at her with a confused look and she looked up at me and my gear instantly knowing I was with the Avengers . "We were in the market." She cried out once again. Costel was a human being.

I run out of the vehicle towards the open and destructed city when Pietro let his guard on me down. Further away I saw a small little boy on the stairs of a store crying and hiding, his face covered in blood. I ran up to him, grabbed him in my arms before running back towards the helicarrier but I stopped running at the sounds of bullets.

I looked up to see a small jet shooting at Bruce and Natasha and I knew they weren't his only target. Ultron's target.

I looked up, started running in hope I wont take any shot but the sound of the bullets came closer to me. I was more afraid for the boy than I was for myself so I wrapped my whole body around him and closed my eyes.