Chapter 1

"That little bitch. She has the guts to talk back to me. Whom do she thinks she is?" Brittany spits out, gritting her teeth.

"We should teach her a lesson, Brittany. She thinks she can get away so easily after talking back to you like that." Sarah, Brittany's so called bestfriend says.

"Yeah, we really should." Charlotte, Brittany's other friend adds, smirking.

"Well, if she really thinks she can get away so easily, she is totally wrong. Cause I am going to make her life here a living hell." Brittany says smiling wickedly and I frown to myself.

Currently, I am listening to their conversation hiding behind a locker.

Five minutes ago, just as I was about to turn the corner to go to cafeteria, I heard brittany saying something so, I decided to eavesdrop and the rest is history. I seriously need to get a life.

Now, you must be wondering, who is Brittany talking about and why. I would like to answer the why first.

The reason why Brittany was so angry is, she tried to insult particular someone today and that someone insulted her back. Which hurted her ego badly.

And I think you might have guessed it by now who it was but if you haven't that someone is me. Lauren Edwards.

I am 17 and a straight A student. I am also the captain of the girls basketball team of our school. Not tryna flex by the way. My parents got divorced five years ago so now I live with my mom and elder brother.

In my childhood days, I used to always try to imitate my elder brother, whether it be dressing style or anything else. So, as I grew up, I became a little boyish. But not that much to be called a tomboy. Anyways that doesn't matter, because most of the students always tease me calling tomboy. But I don't care cause I am happy with how I am, at least I am not fake like others.

After some more time of planning my murder or something, Brittany and her so called friends at last decide it was enough and started walking towards the cafeteria.

Confirming that they are out of the sight and can not suspect that I was listening to their conversation, I also start heading towards the cafeteria.

I walk into the cafeteria waving at some people I suppose I can call my friends. I don't have a lot of friends or people I can trust, but the some I have are really good. They don't judge me like the others.

I make my way towards my usual table when I see someone coming up to me. It's Daniel.

"Hey, Lauren." Daniel greets me, flashing a smile.

"Hi, Danny. What's up?" I say.

"Nothing but you totally kicked Brittany's ass today. It was a quite a show." Daniel smirks at me.

"Yeah, but I didn't have any intention to do so. I don't know why but she really got on my nerves today so I had to do that." I say embarrassed. I really lost temper today and everyone had seen my violent side.

"Well, you don't need to be embarassed about that she deserved that." Daniel puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Ummm...thanks daniel." I say to him, feeling kinda better now.

"Anytime. Listen, my friends are calling me so I have to go. See ya." He says looking back at his table.

"Alright. See you later. Bye." I say to him then start walking towards my table again.

As I walktowards my table I notice some of the students looking at me snickering then whisper something to their friends, probably making fun of my outfit or how I am not at all girly, the usual you know.

I just ignore them and sit down, dropping my bag on the floor.

I scroll through my phone for a bit while munching on the cheese burger I brought today, when I hear someone's footsteps from behind me. And I immediately knew who it is and what he is trying to do because I know the idiot like the back of my hand.

Couple of seconds later, he puts his hand on my shoulder as an act of scaring me because he thought I didn't notice him coming and shouts,"Boo!". I just keep a neutral face cause I wasn't scared at all and that makes him pout.

"Dude, you are no fun." Xavier whines then proceeds to sit down on the chair across from me.

Xavier Scott. The most stupid guy I've ever seen but trust me when I say I couldnt have survived my school life without him. We have been friends since third grade when he transferred here from his previous town. And I am positive no matter what hell always have my back.

"Before you sit down I want to say something." I say to Xavier.

"What?" Xavier quirks an eyebrow at me.

"When you are around me I feel really emotional and that emotion is called annoyence."

"Aww. Don't be like that, Lau. You know you love me." I throw an apple at him and he catches it swiftly.

"Unfortunately, yes, I do." I say.

"You are really mean, Lauren." Xavier says, taking a bite from the apple.

"I know, right? Mean should have been my surname. Like, Lauren Mean. That suits me better than Lauren Edwards, doesn't it?" I asked.

"Weirdo." Xavier rolls his eyes at me.

"Tell me something I don't know." I say.

"Anyways, you were on fire today, Lau. Brittany's face was worth watching." He raises his hand for a high five but Ignore it.

"Why the hell is everyone talking about that today. It's really pissing me off." I groan to myself.

"That's because you totally nailed it today. Besides Brittany deserved that. It seems like nowadays she has nothing to do but bully everyone." Xavier says.

"Whatever. Just change the topic already. I am sick of talking about that all the day."

"Alright. So any update on your Prince charming?" Xavier asks smirking.

"Prince charming who?" I ask back acting like I didn't know who he was talking about.

"Don't try to fool me. You clearly know I was talking about Jonah." Xavier counters.

Jonah Marais, the heartthrob of our school. Looks, popularity, brain or whatever you name it, he has it all. Girls are practically head over heels for him. And, I, myself have had a silly crush on him for sometime now.

"What about him?" I ask.

"Are you ever going to confess your undeniable affection for him?" Trust Xavier to exaggerate every single thing.

I have talked to Jonah a few times before like a friendly conversation but I don't think he would ever look at me in that way. I mean who would like a girl who is termed as tomboy by the others and whose social life is not that high. And here we are talking about the hottest boy of the school.

"How does that matter? Its not like he is going to fall in love with me I will confess to him." I say to Xavier. As if that will ever happen.

"I know. But at least you should try. You never know what happens. People surprises you." Xavier tries to persuade me with his horrible reasoning. Really dude, you got to be kidding me.

"Do you even know how cliche you sound right now?" I say. In return Xavier just gives me a look so I continue,"Anyways, just so you know, I am not confessing anytime soon."

"Alright. Whatever you say, Lau." He offers me a devious smirk which means he sure is up to something.

I am going to kill that idiot if he does something stupid.

A/N

1330 words. This is the longest chapter have ever written. I really don't understand how people write such long chapters.

Pls comment guys. I love to see your comments.