Chapter 15

"Are you done yet?" I hear Corbyn saying to Amelia.

"Yeah, I am almost done." Amelihia says.

"You are gonna love this, Lauren. You are look fricking amazing." I can hear the excitement in her voice.

"I doubt that." I know I don't look amazing.

"Wait till you see it for yourself." This time it is Corbyn who spoke.

I don't say anything after that and wait for Amelia to be finished.

After five minutes or something, finally she announces," Now open your eyes and see."

I let out a sigh of relief then open my eyes and look in the mirror.......who the hell is that?

My hair looked completely different and more attractive I guess. But whatsoever I like my old hair better.

"So what do you think? You look good, right?" Corbyn asks smiling at me.

I look at the mirror again then shrug,"Yes, I guess. But I like my previous hair more."

"That looked good too but this hair looks more attractive. We have to to this if you want to win the challenge."

"Yeah, I get that." I say and Corbyn smiles at me again. And boy, does he look cute smiling? What? I can appreciate a guy if a guy looks cute, right?

* * *

After paying for the hair cut, me and Corbyn we both go back to his car. And if you are wondering yeah we did get discount.

We are in our to my home when my phone starts ringing.

It's a call from one of the girls in the basketball team,Cara.

Cara, Lauren, Narration.

"Hey, Cara.  What's up?"

"Hey, nothing much. Are you busy right now?"

"No. Why?"

"Coach has suddenly scheduled a practice today as the date of championship is nearing. So can you come?"

"Sure. I will be there in a few."

"Okay, see ya soon."

"Bye."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Who was it?" Corbyn asks once I hang up.

"A girl from basketball team. I need to go to practice today." I shrug. To be honest, practising basketball isn't something I was looking forward today but guess I have no choice.

"So should I drop you off at school?"

"Yup." I say turning on the radio and Corbyn turns the car at the direction of school.

Seems like I get to see the reaction of some of my classmates sooner than I thought.

* * *

"Wait, are you Lauren?" Someone asks as enter gymnasium.

I look up with a smug expression to see everyone gaping at me.

"Yeah." I reply.

"Man, I love your new hair. It looks so good." Emily, my fellow teammate says touching my hair.

"Now, I have a tiny doubt that Jonah is gonna win the challenge. I mean look at you, you look awesome." Sia says and some girls snort at her comment.

"Keep dreaming. It's Jonah Marais you are talking about and he never loses."

"Yeah plus she still looks like the ugly tomboy she used to be, the hair colour changes nothing."

They say and I roll my eyes.

They are really foolish if they think I even care about what they say Cz I don't

After some minutes of warming up and chattering, the coach at last comes and divides all of us into two teams then announces a match between us.

No matter what happens, I will have to give my best to win this championship.

A/N

I am really, really sorry for not updating so long. I actually had lost inspiration for this story and I didn't want to give you guys a shitty chapter, not that this one is good but it's at least something I guess. And also I will try to update more from now on.