Chapter 20

After meeting up with Xavier, after the last class, I make my way to the detention room.

And here I am now, standing in front the room, texting my brother that I will be late.

I enter the classroom and am greeted by a sleeping teacher, some seniors and last but not the least a furious Lucas. I thought he was not the type to attend detentions.

I walk past the sleeping teacher and the other students who were busy gossiping among themselselves. As I pass a group of four boys one of them wolf whistles and others laugh.

"Wanna have some fun, babe?" That boy huskily says. I ignore him and sit down on a chair at the back of the class.

What's with boys and flirting with me? There are other pretty and more than willing girls so why bother me?

I look around the class seeing people doing different things even making out. Oh god! And Atleast my eyes land on Lucas who is shooting daggers at me but then he looks away as the girl beside him starts talking to him.

Looking at Lucas I don't know why but I suddenly have a flashback what happened three hours ago during lunch.

Three hours ago

I walk into the cafeteria, Xavier walking beside me, typing on his phone.

I hear most of the people whispering about me as I walk past them to our usual table.

"Isn't she that tomboy who was Jonah's fuck buddy?"

"Wait, that's her? I thought she is a new student."

"Damn, she is hot. I'd totally bang her."

"Seriously? I think she is ugly."

"I heard she put liquid glue on Lucas. Girl got some guts."

"She is just a slut who only wants attention."

"Yeah. And she is totally using Corbyn for that."

"And Lucas too."

I feel anger rising in my veins again. Whom do they think they are? They don't have the right to judge me. Just as I am about to walk to those idiots and give them a piece of mind, I feel someone put their hand on my shoulder.

"Don't listen to them and lose your temper. They are just a bunch of idiot highschoolers who have nothing better than gossiping about others life." Xavier says and I feel myself calming down a little. That's the thing about Xavier, he is always there for me. I may not have a bunch of friends but one friend like Xavier is enough for me.

I nod at him and we walk to our usual table and sit down. I take my lunch box out of my bag when I hear a girly voice saying, "Hey, Xavier and Lauren." I look up and see......Melissa? What is she doing here?

"Hey, Melissa." Xavier gives her a charming smile and she blushes. I raise an eyebrow at Xavier in response he just smirks.

"So I was wondering if you both want to us in our table." Melissa says looking hopefully at Xavier. And by their table she means the popular's table.

"Sure, we won't mind, right Lauren?" Xavier says looking at me with pleading eyes.

I glare at him, I didn't want to sit with the popular search cause they are all either bitchy or cocky or judgmental, but still for Xavier's sake I say,"Sure."

Melissa sequels and lead us the way to the popular's table.

As soon as we reach the table, I catch the eyes of one familiar blonde and one oh-so-familiar brunette. Guess who and who? Corbyn is smiling at me while Jonah is glaring. And Lucas is nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, L. I didn't know you were sitting with us." Corbyn says scooting over so I can sit beside him and Xavier sits between me and Melissa.

"I didn't know too. Melissa invited me and Xavier so I thought why not." I shrug then sit down.

"Well, I am glad you joined us." Corbyn then greets Xavier. "Hey, Xavier."

"Oh hi Corbyn." Xavier says lamely  and I almost laugh out loudly at how nervous he sounds well I am nervous too but I don't show that.

"Anyways, let me introduce you two to everyone. Guys, these are my friends Lauren and Xavier. And...." Then he introduces his friends Zach, Jack, Ariel, Tyler, Gabbie, Brent, Daniel, Hannah and Jonah.

Some of them waves at me and I smile at them and others totally ignore me, Jonah being their leader. Who wants to talk to him anyways?

"So Lauren, nice to see you here." Daniel says and I smile at him. Atleast I know someone here besides Xavier and Corbyn. Jonah doesn't count.

"Yeah, I guess." I say to Daniel.

"You guys know each other?" Corbyn asks and I nod at him.

"Great." Corbyn says.

"Aren't you the captain of the girl's basketball team?" Zach asks looking at me.

"Yes." I reply.

"And you are on the lacrosse team,right?" This question was directed towards Xavier and Xavier proudly nods at him.

"I have seen you two play, you guys are fire on the field." Zach stares at us in awe and I feel really happy inside. Sports is something me and Xavier, we both look up to.

Everything is going smoothly, Corbyn's friends weren't that bad except Ariel and Tyler. The former glaring at me the whole time and the later looking at me like a hunter at his prey.

But the peace doesn't last for a long time as Satan's wife decides to make her appearance by dropping herself on Jonah's lap.

Brittany wraps her arms around Jonah's neck then starts leaning in. But her lips doesn't reach their destination as Jonah shoves her off of his lap.

I couldn't help but laugh. Brittany stands there for a second her cheeks red from embarrassment but then her eyes falls on me. Here comes the drama.

"What the hell are you doing here? And who are you laughing at?" Brittany screams at me furious.

But if she thinks she can intimidate me then she is a lost cause." To answer your first question I am sitting here. And the second one well isn't that obvious." I smirk at her while saying the last part.

"Bitch shut your big mouth and get the hell out of here. You don't belong here." Brittany looks like she is going to explode right now.

"It's not my fault that I come without a mute button and why should I go from here if you have a problem then you should be the one who should get the hell out of here." I say as much calmly as I can because I know my calm behaviour is really pissing her off.

"You whor-" Brittany starts but Corbyn cuts her off. "Enough you two. Don't create a scene." He says sternly and I shut up.

Brittany shots me a last glare then sits beside Brent and starts flirting with him. I don't know if I should say bipolar much or slutty much.

A/N

Thoughts on Lucas?