Chapter 17

Lauren's P.O.V:

'I can do it. I can do it.' I rant to myself as soon as we park in front of school.

"You ready?" Corbyn asks me.

"Yeah." I say then process to open the door but he stops me by grabbing my wrist.

I look back at him raising one eyebrow.

"You know I am there for you right?" He asks looking nervous.

"Yup and thnx for that." I smile at him and he smiles back.

"Now go and rock the world." I burst out in laughter. After some seconds, he joins too.

"You really are obsessed with Barbie. Aren't you?" I say still laughing.

"Hey, I was just kidding." He pouts.

"Sure. Whatever makes you sleep at night." I open the passenger door then get out of the car.

I can already feel people's stares on me probably thinking who is it with the school's popular Fancy Boy. I can bet on my Instragram account -which by the way only have fifty followers- they didn't recognise me.

Just wait for the shock, fellas. Coming soon.

I walk into the school premises with Corbyn walking beside me.
And I have just one question. What's the point in whispering when people whom you are whispering about can actually hear you? If you ask me I don't know.

"Who is she?"

"I have never seen before. Is she new?"

"I think she is Corbyn's twin they look a lot alike." Seriously?

"She looks a little bit familiar. Where have I see her."

"She seems like a nerd to me."

"Man, she is hot."

"Yeah, she has got a nice ass only if she was wearing a short skirt."

At this some boys wolf whistle and it took everything in me to not go and show him some of my  karate skills. I feel disgusted.

"Are you okay?" Corbyn says and I look at him.

"Yeah."

"Just ignore them, alright. It's people's work to talk." He gives me reassuring smile and I nod.

This guy smiles a lot. Not that I am complaining, he has got a smile to die for.

We walk inside the school building then part our ways as we have different classes and he has to go, meet some friends.

I am taking out the books I need before lunch from my locker when someone taps on my shoulder. I look at the person to see its Lucas Callahan a.k.a Jonah's best friend.

"Hey, newbie." He gives me his signature smirk.

"Hey. And I am not new here." I continue to do what I was doing.

"I knew it you seem a little familiar but I don't know where I saw you. Are you in any of me class?" He asks raising one eyebrow.

"Yes. Maths and Biology."

"I don't think I would have missed such a pretty face." Lucas smirks again.

"Then maybe you should visit an eye doctor." I shot back.

"Fei-" Lucas is cut off by a high pitched voice screaming, "Lucy, what are doing here?" Lucy? What a nickname.

The sounds of heels clicking becomes more evident and I look up to see Satan's future wife. Brittany. Even Satan would give her divorce after a while.

She eyes me up and down with disgust. Does she do this with everyone. She used to look at me like this before too but now she doesn't even know who I am.

"Aren't you the new lame girl everyone is talking about?" Brittany says.

"No, I guess. I am the former  awesome girl whom everyone is thinking is new." I give her sarcastic smile then put the last book in my bag and zip up the chain.

"Wait, aren't you Lauren?" Shock is evident in her voice.

I turn around with a satisfied smirk on my face.

"Took your brain this long to recognize." I say with sass in my voice.

"Wait, what? You mean to say, you are Lauren Edwards?" Lucas practically shouts and everyone around the hallway who were eavesdropping I guess, gasps in shock.

"Yes, pretty boy."

"Damn, I really didn't recognize you, Lauren." Lucas says, his eyes moving from from my head to toe then smirks," Who thought you could look hot?"

I glare at him then walk past him and a death glare shooting Brittany, to go to my class.

I walk down the hallway with people staring and whispering about me most probably about how this transformation happened but before I am out of hearing range I hear Lucas shouting," See you at Maths, L."

"How about a no?" I reply.

"We'll see that." I can imagine him smirking right now.

I don't reply anymore just keep on walking to my class with one thought in my mind.

It is gonna be one hell of a month.