Chapter 18

I enter the classroom and look around in search of Xavier. Where the hell is that idiot? I didn't see him in the hallway today. And I didn't have in the two classes before this one.

Finally I spot him at the back of the classroom, typing something on his phone. I walk over there and slouch down on the seat beside him, sighing in relief when I see the seats beside me are empty.

"Woah! Who are you?" He asks surprised.

I look at him then roll my eyes."It's me, you idiot."

"Wow.Corbyn really did a good job. You should thank me that I gave you the number of that hotline"

"Yeah, yeah whatever." I say although he is right, I should thank him and for that matter Corbyn. I woudn't be able to win this challenge without his help.

"Anyways, thanks." I say and the teacher decides that it would be great to enter the class the exact time.

Xavier nods at me then shoves his phone inside his bag.

"So what's up with you and Lucas?" He asks smirking.

"Whats up with me and him? Wait, how do you even know, you weren't there who he was talking to me."

"You know, this school full of gossipers. And I bet, you would love to hear the new rumours." He laughs quietly.

I groan in frustration then say,"Enlighten me."

"Ok so some people are saying that you are hooking up with Corbyn for popularity." What the hell? "Some saying you hanging out with Corbyn so that you scan remove your tomboy label."

"And the other rumours are: you are just trying to copy Brittany, you are acting flirty with Lucas to get into his pants, Lucas was all over you in the hallway, you and Lucas are secretly dating and Lucas is betraying Jonah for you, you are only with Lucas to make Jonah jealous, you are secr-" I cut off Xavier from speaking further.

"Okay stop. Dude,this is insane and reply illogical." I say in disbelief.

"I know right. And you are basically the talk of the whole school right now." He says making me feel more horrible. Seriously, this is too much. You know nothing about person but still keep talking rubbish about them.

"Hey, it's all lie you know. Don't let them get to you. You are a strong person." Xavier tries to comfort me seeing the troubled expression I was giving.

As if to make the day better(note the sarcasm), Lucas enters the room right at that moment.

"You are fifteen minutes late, Mr. Callahan." The teacher says in a stern tone.

"Oh come on, Mr. William it's not even like you were teaching something. You were in your phone which is by the way almost as badass as me being fifteen minutes late." Lucas strolls in the class smirking at the teacher and the guys cheer for him and girls look at him in pure admiration. Typical Highschoolers.

"That is no way to talk to your teacher, Lucas. Detention after school." Mr. William says somewhat angry.

"Like I give a damn." Lucas murmurs carelessly then looks around the class when his gaze falls on me and don't tell me he is coming in this way.

He starts walking in my direction and I glare at him. Gasps can be heard when Lucas poops down on the sit beside me.

"Well isn't it little miss Edwards. Missed me, babe?" He says with an amused grin.

"What are you doing here, Lucas? Go sit with one of your minions or fake Barbie dolls." I say through gritted teeth.

"Nah, they are too boring but I suddenly find you really interesting." He whispers leaning in and I struggle not to punch him in the face.

"Don't push my buttons, Callahan." I try to push him but he doesn't even budge.

"Why? What wil you do Lauren?" His voice held challenge.

"I am giving you last chance, Callahan. Back off."

"Why, babe? Oh,I get it. I am too irresistible for you that you are afraid, you won't be able to control yourself." Lucas says then winks at me and that is when I lost it.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." I say then shuffle through my bag to search the bottle of liquid glue.

At last I get what I was looking for then open the Bottle and dump the substances all over his body. At first Lucas didn't notice because he was busy telling people how head over heels I am for him but when he noticed his face becomes totally red.

"What the fuck? Are you crazy?" Lucas screams, jumping up from his seat. At least he should be grateful I spared his hair.

"Well you asked for it."

"Miss Edwards, get out of the class right now. And detention for three days." Mr. Williams scolds me and I stand up to walk out of the class, not wanting to be here anymore.

As I exit the class, I see Lucas trying to separate his fingers which are now stick together because of tge glue." That girl needs to be sent to mental asylum." He say with a disgusted look on his face. Well, the feeling is mutual Lucas.