Chapter 28

"A party?" I frown at Xavier who is currently watching a ridiculous show and paying me no attention.

Apparently, we got invited in a jock's party and Xavier is 'oh so' excited to go.

"Yep. Never heard of it?" He munches on a chip, his gaze never leaving the screen.

I fold my hands over my chest and give him a ridiculous look which he yet again ignores,"You know Xav, you aren't cool so stop trying to be."

"Fine then." He sighs dramatically then looks up at me. "Corbyn and Christina will probably go together tho."

"And how is that relevant to me?" I roll my eyes.

"Idk I'm just saying. They'll have a great time together dancing and fooling around. He'll have this arms wrapped around his waist, whispering sweet nothings to her...."

His words makes me feel weird and I clench my fists, "Dude stop." Oof I hate this.

Xav puts on a thinking face. "And who knows they might even get back together. Wouldn't that be great?"

"Fine!" I stomp my foot on the floor. "You son of a bitch, I'm in." I make my way to my room, cursing under breath. When did he get that manipulative?

"Thank me later" Xavier shouts before I slam my bedroom door close.

* * *

I stand in front of the closet and look at all of my clothes. What the hell do you even wear to parties?

I try out some jeans and tops but none of them looks good or at least I think so.

Guess I have no other choice.

Picking up my phone, I dial the nunber I've memorised by now.

Lauren, Matthews, Narration

"I told you already you can't call me at work unless you have an emergency."

"Well what if I do?"

"Then how can I help you?"

"I'm am going to ask my friend Corbitch to go to this party with ne but I dont know what to wear to a party and be stylish"

"Well this Corbyn I'm guessing his real name is must be very popular and good looking for him to care what you are wearing."

"Ok sure, anyways what should I wear?"

"You remember that dark blue dress I bought for online the other week? Put that on and some silver high heels, straight you haAnywand you are good to go. Oh and keep your make-up neutral."

"No freaking way I'm wearing that dress. Its too short!"

"Trust me baby, short won't be the right word for it once you see others at the party."

My eyes widen at that. Did he just call me baby? He seem to notice that too as he clears his throat.

"Anyways its up to you if you want to wear it or not. I'm sure you'll look good in anything you wear."

"I mean it wouldn't hurt to try I guess."

"Great. I'll see you later then."

"Sure. Bye Corbitch."

"Goodbye, Lauren."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Stupid mouth."

"Can he be any more cute?"

A/N

Ik ik a hella short chapter after a long time but hey its an update anyways. 

Also huge shoutout to @Unicornarelit06 for helping with this chapter, I really appreciate your effort.

Qotd : How's quarantine life going?