Chapter 27

Today is by far the most tiring day of the week. At least for me it is.

"Okay, enough for today. Y'all are dismissed." Coach announces and everyone around me sighs in relief as I lay down in the middle of the ground. Oh what would I do to get my bed here right now?

As the days of the basketball championship is coming closer, Coach decided it's time to be more serious with the practices. So here we are practicing our asses off since the start of school hour.

"Wait, isn't it lunch time now." One of my teammate says as she looks down at her watch."We should go and get something to eat. I am starving." She whines. As if on que, my stomach growls asking for some attention. Well, now that I think of it, I need a hell lot of food.

I get up into a sitting position and stretch my hands and leg a little then decide to take a quick shower before going to eat.

* * *

As I walk into cafeteria I can't help but notice, most of the peoples attention is on the popular table. Well yeah they get attention but not this much.

I ignore the fact and head towards mine and Xavier's usual table but he is not there. A frown appears on my face. Where the hell is he? Did he not come today? That's kind of hard of hard to believe as Xavier is one of school freaks I know-not that I know a lot of people but you get my point- whereas I would ditch school any day for a good sleep.

I am about to sit down when a voice calls my name, drawing a lot of attention towards me. "Lauren, in here." I turn to the direction of the voice to see Xavier waving his hand from the popular table. So that's where he was.

I walk to the popular table, a little bit annoyed because to be honest I don't want to sit there. I just don't mix with those people.

I look around the table to see two new faces. And I recognises one of them as Christina Marie, beauty vlogger and Corbyn's ex-girlfriend, who is currently smiling at Corbyn.

"Hey, Lauren. I see you are finally done with practice." Corbyn greets me when he notices me.

"Hi." I greet back and take the only seat available which happen to be beside the one and only Lucas. He narrows his eyes at me as I subtly smirk at him.

"Let me introduce you to each other." Corbyn starts. " Christina this is my friend Lauren and Lauren this is Christina. Christina just transferred here two days ago."

"Hey." I offer my hand for a handshake which she simply ignores and gives me a forced smile. Corbyn introduces the other girl as well and she also seem not really interested.

"I can tell they don't like you." Lucas says as I unwrap my chicken sandwich.

"Duh" I reply before taking a bite.

"Well that's not a surprise after all who does"

"Aww I thought we were best buddies, Lucas." I feign a hurt expression.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." He rolls his eyes at me. I am about to reply when something catches my eyes.

"Corbyn, can you drop me at my apartment after school? I didn't bring my car today." Christina speaks with a sweet voice.

"Yeah, sure." Christina mumbles a thank you, squeezing his hand and a heavy feeling settles in my chest.

"Someone seems jealous." Lucas's voice diverts my attention to him as I look at him while he's shooting me a amused look.

It takes me a moment to deny. "I'm not."

"Sure." He rolls his eyes at me and goes back to eating. I frown but a question crosses my mind. Am I?

A/N

Hey guys! Its been a while but how are y'all doing?  Ad who's excited for 'What Am I'?  I can't wait till friday comes.