VIP: Chapter 7

Spunky's POV:

I was close to crying my eyes out, but I had to be mature. I looked out over the empty highway. It had to be around midnight, and this part of the city was undoubtedly abandoned. I laid on my back and tried to see the stars, but all I got were streetlights.

"You did good, Spunky." Guy sighed.

"Thanks... You too." I smiled for the first time in seemingly forever. How could one night feel like one year?

"Wait... One question. If you guys are robots... Then who are the unmasked dudes?!" I asked.

"Long story. In the 9/9/99 incident, they added robot parts to us, to make up for the missing human ones. They messed up our aging process. We still look exactly like we did in '99. We hired the unmasked guys to pretend to be us in 20 years so no one got freaked out knowing that we were robots with human looks. And of course we have emotion! We're not like those guys in sci-fi movies!" Guy answered.

"That makes sense..." I was suddenly excited. Well, I always thought Homework era Guy and Thomas were super hot... Whatever. Back to Thomas. We needed to take care of him... Somehow, in the concrete jungle, we would find hope.

Thomas's POV:

I tried my best to make sure that Spunky and Guy thought everything was alright, even though nothing was. I doubted that anything would ever be alright after this. If there even was an 'after this,' considering that I might survive. We were stranded in a strangely abandoned city far away from where we were supposed to be in LA. I guess we all needed some sleep. But we couldn't sleep on the highway. And of course, the Pyramid mysteriously disappeared. Our only choice was to go deeper into the city...