VIP: Chapter 8

Spunky's POV:

It was getting boring out on the highway. I wanted to go on a midnight adventure. As usual, Guy-Man was searching through the survival bag. I walked over.

"Hey hey hey! Wanna go search through the abandoned supermarket?!" I asked Guy excitedly.

"Sure..." He answered. He got out the tarp and we parachuted down.

"That was... Rad." I laughed as we reached the bottom.

"Sure, let's go search."

I ran in excitedly and flipped on the light switch on the wall next to the entrance.

"Whoa!" Rows of fallen shelves that I had not seen in the darkness sprawled out before me. I started going through them. Of course there was barely anything left, the Hoodies most likely ate it all.

Diapers. Don't need those...

Canned... Squid?! No thanks. What were the Hoodies hiding in here, anyway? And by the expiration dates on most of the food it seemed like this city was only cleared for a few months. Weird, really weird.
Thomas's POV:
Voices. In an abandoned city.
"Hey, you alright?!" One voice called out.
"Oh yeah, I'm fine." I laughed and got up.
"You know those dudes down there?"
"Um, yeah..." Spunky and Guy-Man were already running up the hill.
"Why are you guys here then?"

"Yes, we're not telling and we're ready to fight." Spunky hissed.

"That's not what we want. We know someone who can help. Get in the car." The other voice said.

"Okay...?" Guy answered.
The city was almost pitch black, besides some streetlights lighting up far away.
"Okay, we're almost there!" One of the voices called from the front seat.

"Good..." Guy looked out the window.

The car stopped. Something moved against a wall. Barely visible, in the shadows of an empty building...

Was

A

Hoodie.