VIP: Chapter 14

Spunky's POV:

I climbed the tree nearest to the entrance. All my "survival" practice in my backyard really helped. Even though I was just playing around and never really thinking I would need to use my self-taught skills, I could now make any kind of weapon and climb any tree you gave me.

"Whoa.. You're really good at climbing trees..." Guy stared up at me.

"Hey... How about I teach you guys how to make weapons?" I asked.

The setting sun flickered through the skylights. It was getting late, but it was better to train at night.

"Sure!" Thomas answered.

I jumped off the tall tree, caught a vine, and swung down, landing right beside them.

"And I'll teach you how to do that too." I giggled.

"Okay, first find a stick. Not a twig, but a good thick--"

Guy threw a stick at me and it hit me in the head, messing up my still concert-perfect wavy light brown hair. I sighed and tied it back into a messy ponytail.

"Now get a rock and sharpen the stick until it's really, really pointy..." I directed.

Thomas scrambled through the trees and came back 30 seconds later with the sharpest rock I've ever seen. He sharpened the stick so fast that it looked like a blur of sawdust and silver.

"And bam, a simple knife." I finished.

Thomas and Guy both had their weapons now. At least I wasn't the only one with any self defense.

"Let's make a camp. Go cut down some branches for a roof." I was already halfway up a tree when I looked down and saw Guy being crushed by a giant branch that Thomas must have cut down.

Trust me, these two goofballs act like complete five year olds when they're not posing for some fancy French magazine cover. Or if they're in Electroma. Bad reference, again.

I sighed and jumped out of the tree.

"Spunky! I'm kinda being crushed over here!" Guy called.

I ran over and shoved the branch off of him.

"Nice job, this could be a useful part of the camp." I laughed.

"Hey guys!" Zipper skipped out of the bushes.

"Hi Zipper!" I called to the robotic feline.

I still can't believe that so much happened within a day. I went to a concert for my favorite band, got captured by the ARA, and I'm currently saving a city full of robots and dogs. Hopefully Thomas doesn't almost die again. He seemed back to normal, but I might want Mecca to check him out again when we find him, just to be sure.

I looked up. Thomas was swinging around in a tree. A mechanical bird swooped down and knocked him off balance.

I'm not even kidding, this guy has the worst luck.

He fell down a few branches from the top before I could even react. Then he landed on one and didn't move.

Did Thomas seriously black out again?!

I sighed and started climbing the tree, which was close to the waterfall. I pulled myself up onto his branch.

"Hey... Are you okay?"

"Almost... Yep, I'm good, just a bit dizzy." He laughed.

"You have probably the worst luck ever."

"Not that bad, actually. I'm used to it."

"But you almost died and then fell in a tree. What next?!"

"Electroma again, maybe."

"Um, no thanks." I stood up and heard a crack.

"Oh no..." Thomas looked down.

The branch cracked in the middle. Thomas was hanging onto the end. If the branch fell, it was a 15 foot drop.

"Grab my hand!" I told him.

He reached up.

The branch fell.

For some stupid reason I decided to go down with him.

And once again, we were falling.

Thomas's POV:

I landed on the ground, covered in leaves and branches. I just started laughing for no reason, and Spunky joined in. This is what I always wanted to do. Just lie on the ground with my favorite person ever...

Wait...

Do I ship it?!

She is really pretty...

Don't ship it, please!

You are 17... She's 17...

DONT SHIP IT.

EVER.

"Well, that was... Fun..." Spunky giggled.

Even her laugh was perfect.

Oh no, I'm shipping it again.

"Y-Yeah... Pretty fun..." I laughed awkwardly.

SHE

IS

PERFECT.

"You okay?" She asked.

DONT SHIP IT.

"I'm fine."

Wow, she cares.

Spunky got up and brushed herself off, then started laughing and sat back down on the ground.

Maybe if I did ship it, I could prove that I wasn't all robot.

If I shipped it, I would be Human After All.

And that's a good thing...

Right?