VIP: Chapter 23

Thomas's POV:
I got up quickly and stared at the Hoodies surrounding Guy, Spunky, and I. There were too many to even count! Some were Machos, some were the orange Surveillance Hoodies, and others were plain normal.
"What do you want?!" Spunky hissed.
The air vents collapsed around us.
"You know what we want. We want to kill you! You were too smart to kill before, but we almost had the Silver one. If you guys didn't find Mecha... Or two other robots which we killed helped you find him, he would be dead." The Pink Hoodie, aka Zipper smirked.
"But he's not." Guy whispered.
The room went silent.
"Attack!" Pink screeched.
So the next thing I knew, seemingly thousands of Hoodies were flung at us. Of course Spunky, the self defense master, had her electric knife, but that wasn't enough to keep the Hoodies away. She tossed it to Guy. He needed it more than she did.
"We have to get to the control room." Spunky whispered as she merged into the crowd of angry robot-haters. I couldn't follow her. I had to protect Guy.

Spunky's POV:
I was dodging punches to the face as I slipped through the crowd. It was 3 on... 300? I was just guessing. I has to get to controls. Right now I was leaving the Index. I turned right, and the Controls were right there. I didn't know which buttons to press to set off all kinds of traps for the Hoodies.
Someone stopped in front of me.
"So you think you can stop us?"
It was Pink.
She reached down and pressed the red button, sending off...
A time bomb.
I rushed back to the battlefield. I saw the crystal shattered on the ground.
Thomas came running up to me.
"Where did you go?!" He whispered.
"Controls. Pink set off a time bomb. We need to get out of here." I said before running to the staircase where the jewel once floated. Thomas took off his helmet and slammed it on a Hoodie. It reacted by punching him in the nose.
"You alright?" I asked.
"Yeah, I'm good." He replied. I could tell he was really hurt.
"Guy-Man..." I whispered before running off again.
I found Guy-Man tackling a Macho.
I pulled him off.
"We gotta go. Time bomb." I whispered. He nodded and kicked the Hoodie before stumbling off into the crowd towards Thomas.
We were on the 2nd floor of the HQ. We had 30 seconds.
"Go go go!" I yelled as we skidded down the hallway out of the Index. There was only one way out. The window!
"We're jumping." I directed.
I grabbed Thomas and Guy's hands.
And for a second, we were flying. We were invincible. Nothing could stop us.
For a second.
We hit the ground. I shook my head. The impact of the asphalt didn't hurt as much as my injuries from the fight did. I quickly stood up and dragged Thomas and Guy away from the exploding building. We watched the HQ explode from a safe distance. Thomas decided to kiss me on the cheek.
I hugged him and Guy.
And I swear, I never let go.