VIP: Chapter 11

Guy's POV:

My courage was breaking. We entered the first building of our search. I was really scared that some Hoodies were going to jump scare and come out from corners and things. Spunky seemed pretty scared, too. I could just tell that she wanted to drop off the face of the Earth. But back to exploring. I searched the first floor. Nothing there. Then the basement. In the corner I found a paw print trail. I followed it, Spunky was at my side, ready with her electric knife. I opened a rotting wooden door and it opened into...

An animal shelter.

"No way!" Spunky gasped.

There, in the basement of some kind of building, was an animal shelter run by the animals themselves. I was surprised when one dog started talking.

"Hey, my name is Lock and I run this place." He said coolly.

"Talking dogs?!" Spunky cheered.

"Yes, talking dogs." Lock responded.

"Okay, we need you all out of here and into the city. We need to find and rescue anyone out there. Got it?" Thomas ordered.

"Got it!" A chorus of doggy voices answered.

This was the coolest discovery I've made in a while, you know, besides the album.

While the other dogs were running out of the basement, Lock just stood next to me and laughed.

"Seriously, these dogs are so immature. Glad I'm leader."

Spunky's POV:

"Alright, everyone go!"

The dogs ran around the room searching for anything that could possibly give us clues to where the Hoodies are.

"THE HOSPITAL!" One dog shouted.

As if on cue, all the other dogs started freaking out, and I noticed one ran into a wall.

I tried really hard not to laugh as the dogs flipped out. But hey, we had a mission!