VIP: Chapter 21

Thomas's POV:

So we were following Flip down an alley. He really does know where he's going. I would have thought she wouldn't know!

"We're here!" Flip pried open a heavy stainless steel door that lead into a classy headquarters. As soon as I walked in, sirens started blaring.

"He's a friend." Flip shouted. The sirens stopped.

A bright-orange Hoodie walked up to us.

"Exams?" It hissed.

"Oh, yes." Another Hoodie snickered, "Here's the Exam room to make sure you guys aren't evil!"

We walked in. The door clicked behind Flip. The room felt chilly and was bright white. Yet another place in the city that reminded me of Electroma!

Suddenly, a wall fell.

"I'm Zipper, and I'm here to kill you." A Hoodie (not exactly?) wearing a trench coat hissed. "MachoHoodies!" She called. Muscled up Hoodies filled the room.

"Wait, Zipper? What's going on?" Spunky called.

"Oh relax, honey. I'm not here for you. It's those two idiots that I'm worried about. I only pretended to be that cat to make you fall into my trap after I got rid of the robot empire. You were the perfect target!" Zipper sneered, "And besides, I'm the owner of the ARA!"

Before I could even react, a sharp zapping sound echoed from across the room. I glanced over and saw Guy fall to the ground. I ran over as fast as I could.

"Guy-Man..." I whispered.

"T-Thomas..." He replied.

A Macho came and dragged him behind a door. He didn't even fight back. I guess maybe he was done with everything...

And that was the last I saw of my best friend.

Spunky's POV:

The room cleared and Thomas, Flipside, and I were let out into the main room. I was silent the entire way to the door. Once we were out of the headquarters, all I could do was look up at Thomas as he looked down at me in eternal silence. I finally broke the silence.

"What happened to Guy..?" I sighed.

"I don't know... He was probably killed." Thomas shrugged.

Guy-Man was most likely already dead, and there was nothing I could do about it. Unless we had an idea or something. I glanced upwards at the side of the building. I saw an air vent.

"We can save him." I said determinedly.

"What?! No, we can't... He was already killed, or even worse, turned into a Hoodie..." Flipside shrugged.

"We can if we try." I looked up, "It's go time."

Guy's POV:

Who am I? Where am I?

I had no answers. I couldn't remember anything. Was there anything? All I knew were these creatures in strange jackets. They were all I knew. Except for the fact that something was strapping me down. I looked down. I was handcuffed to a chair. And my mouth was duct-taped shut. So now I knew more. Jackets, handcuffs, duct tape, chair. Simple enough. But I still didn't know who, what, when, and where I was. Well, I didn't know why I was, too, but that's not important. I knew I was in a room. Easy. But where was this room? What was beyond it? I couldn't even think of anything, just more jackets, handcuffs, chairs, and duct tape. That was all that I knew. Until one of the jackets injected me with something. So I knew that there were sharp things, too.

Then, I blacked out without even knowing my name.

Thomas's POV:

The air vent was easy to reach. Spunky and I climbed in, leaving Flipside to patrol the outside. I crawled through seemingly miles of dusty air vents. I looked through the holes, only to find Hoodies marching in perfectly straight lines through the HQ. It really made me sad to see creatures as intelligent as the Hoodies to be worked under so much pressure. Then it hit me.

If we wanted to save Guy, and the rest of the Hoodies, from a long, painful eternity, we would have to find their identities.

"Hey! I got something!" Spunky whispered. I looked down and saw a grate leading to a shiny silver room. In the middle was a formation that looked like a layered cake. Floating on top of that was a shining red crystal.

"Welcome to the Index." A voice said.

This room was the Index.