《chpt. 4》useless

《Some parts may be triggering》

Lilly's pov.

I watched aliyah as she ate. She got done eating and went to go up to her room when I spun her around. She shielded her face and started hyperventilating and having a panic attack. I sat there not knowing what to do.

Think Lilly think. What would a good mother do?

I reached out for her hand but that just made things worse. I was getting frustrated. Trying to calm her down wasn't going to be easy. I was getting impatient. Uncontrollably a little bit of anger and frustration slipped into my voice, "Stop. I'm not going to hurt you!"

Her beautiful piercing blue eyes looked at me painfully welling up in more tears before she ran.

"I knew you were like everyone else! I'm sorry!" She said painfully as she ran up the stairs.

"Aliyah!" I screamed.

Then the words she said started playing over and over in my head. You're just like everyone else. I felt sick to my stomach. I went to my office and just sat there and cried.

Aliyah's pov.

I had finished eating and went to go to my room like usual, when Lilly grabbed me and spun me around. I shielded my face and fell to the ground and started having a panic attack. Lilly was saying stuff but I wasn't listening but then I heard the familiar anger and frustration. I couldn't help but scream at her. I ran up to my room as fast as I could. I could hear her calling my name but ignored it. Then I heard Lilly go to her room and cry. I always ruin everything and she hated me. I knew tomorrow she would take me back. I decided I didn't want to do this anymore.

I punched a mirror that was over my bed which shattered and tore up my knuckles. I then picked up a piece of glass and carved "useless" on my arm. I tried to hold back a scream of pain but I couldn't. I then fainted.

Lilly's pov.

I was crying when I heard glass shatter. It alarmed me, and I rushed out of bed. A couple of seconds later I heard a cry of pain, then silence. I ran up to her room. When I got there, there was glass shattered all over her bed. Blood was dripping from her knuckles and arm. She was passed out a piece of glass was in her hand. On her arm it said useless.

Way to go Lilly. You're such a great mother. You let her die. You shouldn't have yelled at her. It's all your fault. You're a horrible mother.

She was still breathing, so she wasn't dead. I grabbed the phone and dialed 911. As soon as I hung up the whole situation hit me. I laid down and started crying, not caring that glass was going into my back. I felt horrible. I watched as they put her in the ambulance. She looked so innocent. I waited with her all night, not falling asleep even though I needed to. I couldn't; what if I'm not there for her again.