{chpt.18}

*one week later Aliyah's pov.*

The doctors finally told us we'd be able to leave today. One of the nice nurses bought us some clothes and other supplies. She also offered to drive us to a shelter place where we could see if we could find anyone we knew, and stay for awhile. I think the nurses name was like Terri or Tarresa or teriyaki. I don't know I might be wrong all I know is I really want teriyaki. Well teriyaki  had us get showered and get ready and then she'd  drive us. Me and Lilly quickly got ready and we were signed out. We got in the lady's car, and she started driving down the roads that were cleaned off. Outside it looked like a ghost town. Pieces of houses were scattered everywhere. They was almost no cars driving through. It was almost 15 minutes before we saw another car. When we finally saw a car it was speeding in the opposite land and going the wrong way. We suddenly saw a car going the right way and the car were about to collide head on. The cars crashed into each other. As they were colliding I saw who the driver and the passenger was...

*Lilly's pov.*
We were released by the hospital and a nurse named Tabitha drive us to the shelter. The road was mostly empty,but there was a few cars. When we were almost to the shelter place, two cars crashed head on. Just before they crashed I saw who it was. It was Humble and Demi. My body was moving faster than my thought process and I jumped out of the car. I couldn't feel the pain because of all the adrenaline coursing through me. I ran over to the car and bust the window open and unlocked the car and pulled Humble out.Aliyah was already on the other side and pulled Demi out.I noticed a huge gash across his forehead and I quickly ripped my bandage off my arm, and tied it to his head and put pressure on it to try and stop the bleeding. The nurse came over to us with a big first aid kit and bandaged them up correctly. Once we got them bandaged advance the bleeding subsided we lifted them up and took them to the car and put them in. We went over and got open the other car. When I pulled the person out Aliyah ran away and got into the car. I chased after her and when I got to her she was shaking and having a panic attack.

Hey what's wrong?
H-he's one of my o-old abusive foster parents .
It's okay. He can't hurt you he's unconscious and even if he was conscious I would never let him lay a breath on you. What we'll do is we'll leave him into his car and communicate to the hospital that he's here. Does that sound ok.
Ya
Ok.I love you
I love you too

It wasn't till just now that it hit me.... Nick isn't with them. It felt like a thousand weights were out on my chest. Tears streamed down my face. The world seemed to spin. I stumbled back to my seat and out my head in my hands and tried quite my cries. Aliyah started to ask me what was wrong when I think she realized what. She instantly went quite and wiped my tear and kissed my cheek then sat back down silently and hugged onto Humble. The pain in my heart grew and I buried my face into my hands more and tried to fall asleep and forget everything that was happening. At least for right now.

*humbles pov. (Ik surprising right)

Me and demi were driving to the hospital to see if there was any chance of Lilly and Aliyah still being alive and in there. We were driving down the road when I glanced over and saw Lilly and Aliyah. There faces showed...fear? I looked in front of me to see what they were looking at. There was car barreling towards us. Before I could even processes what was happening I felt a strong impact. The front window chartered in cutting my forehead. The airbags offed out and I hit muy head on the side of the car. All I could hear was ringing then nothing. When I woke up again I felt a warm presence on me and I looked to see a fast asleep Aliyah on me. I didn't want to wake her up so I layed there absorbing the moment never wanting to lose it.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
This one was a shorter chapter, but I really wanted to leave it off here on a sweet note. I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while I'll try to maybe get a schedule. Comment your favorite song and who it's by.

~ava
|820 words|