[chpt. 16]

*still Aliyah's pov. *

I grabbed Lilly and embraced her waiting for the impact losing faith in running, when strong arms grabbed me and Lilly and pulled us into a thing that was underground. He closed it and told us to go to the top of one of the ladders. We heard the water start rushing over the top of us and we watched as some of the water leaked through and started to flood the floor. Lilly held me close and I let a few tears slip out of my eyes. She held me close and rubbed my back whispering that it would be ok. From the way she spoke it as if it was truth, I almost believed her, but I'm not a fool. At least, not yet.

Lilly's pov. (Finally) *when earthquake was happening*

I had fallen asleep with Aliyah right beside me. I was in the middle of a nothingness dream when I was awoken by a strong shaking. I quickly realized it was the ever anticipated earthquake. I threw myself over Aliyah as the shaking worsened and the old richety house started falling apart. I felt debree hit my back, but I stayed in position the only thought running through my mind I have to keep Aliyah safe. Suddenly, I heard a huge crash and a wooden beam started falling and it nailed Aliyah before I could protect her. I quickly got up and started pulling it off her. As soon as I got it mostly off her another beam came down. I tried getting out of the way but the world started spinning and I fell to the ground. The wood then came tumbling down crushing me and my spinning stopped and blackness smothered my vision as my body went limp.

*later when Aliyah found her*

I am saved from the never ending darkness when someone started dusting me off. I opened my eyes and am blinded by the light. Once my eyes adjusted I see Aliyah. She gets me up and walking and we learn the news that there's a tsunami coming. The pain in my heart is worse than any physical pain I have. I quickly start trying to flee, but I know it's kinda useless. We were running and running when we heard the water coming. The pain was unbearable. It felt like someone shooting many harpoons into me. (Happy wheels style) I stopped and held Aliyah tight when a guy grabbed us and took us underground. He had us.stand on a ladder and I tried being motherly and comforting her. I told her everything will be ok but I feel like I was trying to convince myself more than trying to convince her. The water kept leaking in and leaking in. It got to the point where the mucky brown water was up to our hips while we were also on a 4 foot ladder. After maybe an hour the water stopped coming in and the guy went to unlock the top when he looks at us with pure terror.

"I lost the key"

Ever thing stopped time, life, love, hope. We may be stuck here. Aliyah lost it and started full on crying. Everything moved in slow motion. I tried to move to comfort Aliyah but my foot slipped. I fell backwards into the water and started going underneath.

I can't swim
I can't swim
I can't swim

I struggled for a moment but then let myself relax. I felt my body hit the ground.

Goodbye

Aliyah's pov.

I lost the key.

Those four words were all it took to destroy me. I just cried. I saw Lilly start coming over to me when she slipped and fell into the water . She instantly started sinking. She struggled for a while but then gave up.   I knew she as drowning.

I can't lose Lilly
She's the only person that's cared.
No she hasn't
Shut up now is not the time
She but what are you gonna do
I don't know
God your so worthless
SHUT UP
hey your the one that controls me
Just shut. Up.
Fine fatty but are you gonna save her

My thoughts are right. I need to save her. I have to save her. Finally making up my mind, I dive into the water. The water is to muddy for me to see anything so I go by touch. After what feels like forever I finally feel her long hair. I feel around till I find her body and pull her up.

She's barely breathing maybe not breathing at all

I pull her up onto the ladder and check her breathing

She's not breathing

I quickly start doing cpr which I learned a while back. I went to go ask the guy for help when he wasn't anywhere. I looked around and started panicking. Shit Shit Shit shit. I started doing more cpr and some mouth to mouth. "LILLY LILLY PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME! I NEED YOU. PLEASE MOM please don't leave me. " I cried into her chest. I continued doing cpr, but I started giving up and just layed on her crying. This is it. It's over.

Lilly's pov.

All the sudden I was released into the darkness. Everything around me was dark. I walked around but every nook and cranny was filled with darkness and shadows.

Where am i?
What is this?
Is this a dream?

Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted when I saw light and colors. I could see Aliyah and ...me? Oh no. I can here everything. My limp body lays soaked and lifeless. Aliyah has tears streaming down her face.

Lilly Lilly please don't leave me please MOM please don't leave me.

The pain in her voice broke me. I want to live. I need to live. Let me live. Please. I just want to be with my daughter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rewrote this chapter 4 times so sorry if it sounds rushed. Also sorry (I'm not sorry) if I made you cry.
~ Ava
(1000 words exactly)