Chapter 21: Steve's father

Lia's p.o.v

     Today was the day when they released me from the hospital, waiting in the car for Owen. The doctor wrote a prescription for me. I called shotgun, so they're all sitting in the backseat. Grayson had his car, so some of my brothers are with him.

"I'll take you guys back home, then I'll have to go deal with Anthony and Alexander," Owen said as soon as he opened the door. He got in, buckled up, and drove away.

"They want to see Lia," Jason looked at Owen. "And I want to come."

"I'll take Lia with me, and no you're not," Owen shook his head.

"Please, I have to talk to Anthony and Alexander."

"Why?"

"Trust me, Owen. I know more than you think I do," Jason whined. "Please?"

"Fine."

**

"I'm scared," I frowned at Owen, as we got out of the car.

"It'll be ok, I'll be with you," He hugged me.

"Shall we?" Jason smirked at me, he gave his arm.

"We shall," I locked arms with him.

"Naughty," Owen chuckled.

***

"Glad you're back, Lia," The police officer shook my hand.

"Thank you, officer," I grinned.

"Take a seat please, and call me officer Hopper," (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?) he motioned to a seat in front of his desk. I sat down while Owen sat on the other chair.

"Alright, not to be rude or anything, why isn't Jason's uncle questioning her?" Owen asked.

"We'll get into that topic later," He raised his eyebrows. "Now, I want to talk about Steve."

"Ok," Owen nodded.

"Steve Harvey, he's a gang leader who does drugs, he kidnaps girls, rape them, your sister is lucky."

"Thank god," Owen gave the officer a thumbs up.

"Yes. His father used to be the leader, and he's the one who started the gang," The officer explained. "Your brothers were Jacob Harvey's best friend, right?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"Jacob dragged them into the gang, I don't know how they accepted it but they did, they knew that he was kidnapping you." Tears filled my eyes, my own triplets were one of the reasons I was kidnapped. "When we interviewed them, they mentioned that you have a brother called Mason, am I right?"

"Yeah," Owen said. "He was in Steve's gang as well."

"Can you tell what exactly happened?"

"Lia?" Owen looked at me.

"Ok," I looked down. "My father used to be Steve's father's best friend, they did everything together, and I remember when my father used to take me out when I was only 4, I hardly remember but I know that he was there with us, but something happened, Steve's father changed. Every time I'd go out with my father, he's not there, whenever he comes across us, there's not even a 'hello' between us, and so I knew that something happened. I asked my father about it, and he simply said 'he became a bad man'. After that, I never asked about him, my father hated him. Steve's father tried so hard to get my dad to be his partner, but my father refused, and said 'I have a family to take care of'. So Steve's father wanted revenge, he wanted my father to crawl to him, he wanted my father to regret rejecting him... he started getting into Mason's brain, he played with his brain. One night, my father and I went to watch a movie, and that's when he died. Mason told Steve's father about me, and how I was the only girl. Mason told him where we live, what we do, who we hang out with, everything. When dad found out, he wanted to kill Mason, so he was driving so fast in the fast lane, and it happened, he died."