Chapter 1 : unexpected reunions

It was Monday evening and Logan's plane had just landed in Hamburg. He went straight to his hotel to check in and head to the bar for a quick drink. He sat down and had just ordered a scotch neat when he heard a familiar voice. As he turned his head to look Rory was setting her bag down on the stool 2 seats away from him. He never imagined he would ever get a chance to see her again. Their eyes caught a glimpse of each other.

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine" Logan says as he spots her. "Logan?!" Rory replies shocked to see him. "How you doin' Ace? What's it been? 7 or 8 years now?" Logan says with a smirk knowing very well it's been 8 years since the proposal. He decides to move over to a seat closer so they can talk. As they talk about how their lives have been the last 8 years Rory suddenly looks down to her hands. "What's going on in that head of yours Ace?" Logan says. "Nothing, really i'm fine...." Rory says trailing off. "Come on Ace, it may have been 8 years but I know when that brain of yours starts going" Logan replies.

Rory starts to talk "well it's just I feel really bad about the last time we saw each other, I was being selfish, I wasn't thinking of anything but myself..." Logan interrupts her "Listen Rory, I really loved you, I put you on the spot and I shouldn't have done that.. I wasn't exactly thinking of you either. I know that's not how I should have asked. I went to far, we didn't even talk about it. It was my mistake i told you to go live your dream andI would follow you then turned around and suddenly asked you to change all your plans for me." He said with a sadness in his voice. "Let's just leave that how it is for tonight, tonight we are just two friends having some drinks and catching up".

Logan continues on telling Rory that he was back working for Huntzberger Publishing Group in the London office, and the entire dynastic plan that lays before him explaining Odette and the arrangement. Rory goes on about her spec pieces and she's just freelancing right how because the right thing just hasn't come her way yet. The next thing they know its 2am and the bar is closing up they've talked the entire night away.

As they begin to grab their things "Hey Ace, why don't I walk you up" Logan offers. "Ummm...yeah.. Sure .. i guess.." says Rory not 100% sure that she should let him knowing what can happen. She's already been feeling the old sparks slowly reigniting all night. As they leave the bar Logan places his arm around her waist with his hand on the small of her back. They both feel a fire and look at each other completely lost in each others eyes as they get on the elevator. They feel their bodies getting closer their lips touch the lightest touch but they both slowly kissed deeper. Putting more passion towards each other as the kiss went longer. Only when the elevator door open did they finally pull apart for air.

Not fully understanding what just happen and both of them trying to process as quick as possible as they walk down the hall towards Rory's door.
"Well this is me.." Rory says trailing off as they reach her door. "Well I guess I should say goodnight then...." Logan says. Getting lost in each others eyes again "Did you maybe...want to come in?" Rory says instantly regretting it knowing what will happen if he comes in but now unable to retract her question. "I don't know if that's such a great idea Ace, are you sure?" Rory knows she can't think of any good enough reason to tell him no, her heart wants him, her body misses him, she has longed for his touch every night and she can't imagine just letting him walk away. Plus in the morning she can blame it on the alcohol. Rory leans in closer and gently kisses his cheek and whispers "yes..."

They both go inside, Logan kisses Rory again this time with more passion then he knew he had. Running his hands down her body, she slowly starts to loosen his tie and unbutton his shirt. He holds her by the waist with her arms wrapped around his neck they slowly make their way towards the bed. He pulls away and asks her " Are you sure about this Ace? " she whispers back "I'm sure". He slowly leans her back and down onto the bed getting lost in the sheets.

They lay next to each other, both off in their own little world, thinking about how much they have missed each other. Both regretting not fighting for each other all those years ago. They both slowly fall asleep.