Chapter 2: Vegas in Hamburg

When Logan wakes up in the morning there's his Ace, curled up right there beside him, head on his chest. He kisses the top of her head " Morning Ace" he says quietly and tries to get up so he can find a pen and paper to leave a note. Rory wakes up and smiles, she can't believe she is in the arms of the man she loves. Logan tells her that he's got an appointment in an hour and that he's gotta go shower and get going. Rory agrees she needs to shower and has a ton of interviews today for the piece she's writing. Logan asks her how long she's in town for she tells him that she is flying out tomorrow afternoon. He asks her to join him for dinner tonight, he would meet her in the lobby at 7. Rory thinks about it for a minute and she isn't completely sure whether she is willing to have last night happen again but agrees to go.

All day Logan is thinking about Rory. The only thing on his mind is to tell her how he feels. No games tonight, I have got to tell her how I feel, how much I hated myself for giving her the ultimatum and walking away. I have to apologize for not talking to her before asking her infront of all of her family, and friends.

Finally it's time to head back to the hotel he grabs a quick shower and heads down to the lobby.

He stands in the lobby 7 o'clock on the dot waiting for Rory, he watches the elevator. "You look absolutely stunning tonight Ace" Logan says Unable to take his eyes off of her as she steps off the elevator. "Thank you, not so bad yourself Huntzberger". She's wearing a stunning black dress that cut off just above her knees showing off her beautiful long legs. She wore her hair half pulled back with the bottom half gently curled just like Logan always liked it.

They walk out and get in the towne car that was waiting "so where we going for dinner?" Rory asked. "You know better then to ask questions Miss. Gilmore" he chuckled. "Always a surprise with you isn't it" she laughed. "You know I've really missed this Logan, it's been a great 2 days having you around."

They reach their destination she looks out the window and sees that they are by the water and there is a boat lit up with white twinkling lights. "I'm not stealing another boat with you this time it would be just community service" Rory says jokingly. "Don't worry Ace, this one is rented" Logan says remembering back to the night of Honors party. The car door opens and Logan steps out walking to the other side opening Rory's door and extending his hand to help her out. She takes his hand and they walk towards the boat not letting go. He's already planned their entire meal spaghetti and meatballs Rory's favourite. The waiter brings A bottle of wine, then their meals "Logan! I can't believe you had spaghetti and meatballs made!" Rory says shocked Logan just smiles and lets out a little chuckle. They talk about their memories and all the fun things they'd done over the course of the meal. Finally ending up on the topic of her graduation party again. Both of them found this subject so hard to talk about Logan regretting giving her an ultimatum and Rory regretting her answer. They discuss it and both apologize. Their meal ends and they head back to the hotel. The drive back they could barely keep away from each other, it's like there was a magnetic force pulling them together!
As they stand waiting to get on the elevator they force themselves not to touch. The elevator ride up was intensely growing their want for each other. They barely made it to Logan's hotel room with their clothes still on. After they fall asleep quietly in each other's arm. Just how it was always supposed to be.

She gets up in the morning and she's sitting in the chair beside the bed deep in her thoughts "what's going on in that head of yours ace?" He asked not sure if he really wanted to know "i just don't want any of this to end right now" she replied softly continuing "Logan, listen i know your engaged to Odette and well I'm kind of dating Paul but i was thinking Vegas."

"What do you mean Vegas?" Logan replies "you want to go to Vegas?" Looking at her confused
"No.. you know the saying what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas kind of like that.. if we are in the same place at the same time we can be together but when we aren't then we aren't together.. like Vegas"

Even though they both knew they wanted more but both scared to admit it. Logan wanted anything that meant he could be with his Ace in any way possible. Even though he would give up everything for her. He reluctantly agreed remembering back to their no strings agreement in college. Maybe she'll change her mind just like she did back then.

They have breakfast rory goes to say bye so she can go shower and get to the airport. He stops her at the door pulls her back and gives her one last soft, passionate kiss and whispers "See you in Vegas, Ace". "See you on Vegas" Rory replies. As she closes the door all he can think about is her touch, her smile, he can't wait to hear from her again.

As time went on they spent days together in New York where Rory lived, and London where he was they kept going like this for 2 years.

They bumped into Mitchum at the restaurant in London that was the day things changed but Logan had no idea. Mitchum spoke to Odette's father and forced them to live together. Obviously Logan couldn't move to France so she moved to London. We were both miserable. She was completely uprooted from everything she knew and this meant no more privacy for Logan.

Rory called and told him she couldn't do it anymore they were breaking up except they couldn't because they were nothing. Logan thought, How could she say we were nothing. His heart broke into tiny pieces. Odette meant nothing to him as he meant nothing to her. Why was Rory ending this!

LOGANS POV:
I slept on the couch while giving her the bedroom. I drank myself into a further depression. All I could think about was Rory, where is she? What's she doing? I decided to call the guys in for some help we drank and discussed and ended up planning a night from her favourite fairy tale for a perfect night. This is the chance to win her back, this is where she tells me she loves me.

We head out to Stars Hollow we get there at a "ungodly time" as Finn would say and we start planning sneaking around town we let people know what we need them to do then we wait. Once it gets dark the plan goes in motion. Lucky for us it ended up being foggy too.

I see her heading out of her moms and towards the gazette and send the boys a message "it's go time!" We has an amazing evening and a perfect night but when i awoke the bed beside me was cold and she was sitting at the window. I felt it in my heart that something wasn't right, this wasn't going to be her proclaiming her love for me but i again was going to have to watch the love of my life, my Ace, The most beautiful woman in the world walk away from me.

After a very short talk and her giving me back the key to the house in main. Where she ended up saying goodbye to Robert, Colin, and Finn we were alone again. This time saying goodbye forever. I so badly wanted to tell her how i love her how much i didn't want her to say goodbye. But she wasn't giving any sign that she wanted me back.

Fixing the hat on her head and holding my hands up as if i was capturing a portrait I smiled a sad smile and said "Just like that" and watched her walk out of my life again with tears in my eyes.