Chapter 18: A New Year

The new year came quick after all the Christmas gatherings. Rory stayed in Stars Hollow for the week getting the new year gazette done and out. She and Logan hadn't seen much of each other over the first week.

The second week they had a Doctors appointment and it was time to find out the gender of their precious baby.

Early Wednesday morning Logan awoke in their New York apartment with Rory laying next to him with her head on his chest. He gently got out of bed and made his way to the kitchen making 2 pots of coffee one decaf and one regular, mixing 50/50 for Rory and regular for him. He grabbed pastries that he had picked up on his way home the night before and headed back to the bedroom with everything on a tray. He placed the tray on the small table next to the bed and give Rory a soft kiss on the cheek "Good morning ace, time to get up it's a big day" he said almost whispering Rory just groaned at him as she turned onto her back wiping her sleepy eyes slowly sitting up. She smiled at Logan and he handed her the coffee he made her "mm you always know how to make a girl happy" she said with a smile as she took a sip of her coffee then placed it back into the table.

Logan was sitting on the side of the bed "so you excited to find out?" He asked "you have no idea how excited I am! I can't believe I'm already 17 weeks along!" Rory replied then grabbed a note book she had in the drawer of the table their coffee sat on. "What's that?" Logan asked curiously. "Well I've been recording things about the baby. Things like when I found out, when you found out how family took the news things the doctor has said and recently I made a pro/con type list but it is boy names/girl names I was thinking that maybe you would want to look and maybe add some of your ideas?" She opened the book and turned it to the page of names she had written out Logan started reading "Richard, Colin, Finn, Mitchum, Elias, Lucas, Noah.. those are some good choices so far "Lorelai, Emily, Amelia, Honor, Stephanie, Rosemary.. wow this page is practically full I'm not even going to read them all, I do have 2 names in my head but i will tell you once we know the Gender okay?" Logan said. "Okay.. we really should be getting up now though we have to leave in an hour!" Rory said looking over at the clock.

Arriving at the doctors everything was routine, check in, get weighed, vitals then the doctor entered the room. "Let's see how your baby is looking today, did you want to know the gender if we can get a clear view?" Dr. Kennedy asked and awaited a reply. Rory and Logan both looked at each other smiled and nodded  "Yes we want to know!" Rory said very enthusiastically.

LOGANS POV
As always Dr. Kennedy did his checks of measurements first and then a smile came across his face. "Can you tell the gender Dr. Kennedy?" I asked noticing the smile on his face. "I sure can would you like to see?" He asked in return. Both Rory and I said yes at the same time. He turned the screen towards us and showed the area of the baby we were to be looking at and announced with a congratulations.

————————————————————————

Headed into Stars Hollow Rory and Logan discussed names and Logan told her his idea. She thought it was absolutely perfect and it was even named she had on her list. Rory then suggested having Sookie make a cake for a gender reveal and as they announced the gender cutting the cake they would also announce the name.

Once back in Stars Hollow they went straight to the Dragonfly Inn to meet Lorelai for lunch. Rory snuck back into the kitchen saying she wanted to make a special dessert order for after lunch leaving Lorelai nothing to be suspicious about.

Rory entered the kitchen and immediately Sookie was infront of her.

LOGAN'S POV

Sitting here waiting for Rory to come back was killing me I could see the questions filling in Lorelais eyes she wanted so badly to know what the gender of her grand baby was going to be. As Rory re-entered the dining area i felt relief.

Watching her walk towards us I took in her beauty the bump of our baby was very noticeable at this point and it made her even more beautiful than ever before. I couldn't take my eyes off her, as she approached the table I stood and pulled out her chair. As soon as she sat the inevitable question came out of Lorelai's mouth "So do we have another Gilmore Girl or do we have a Gilmore Boy?" She said excitedly.  Rory turned to look at me our eyes met and she looked back at her mom "you will have to wait until tonight mom." She stated I could see in her face that she was dying to let it burst out of her but she wanted to tell everyone in the same way.

———————————————————

LORELAI'S POV
I walked into the kitchen to see what Sookie was doing after Lunch with Rory and Logan thinking maybe Rory would have told her something to have a cake made but as I entered I noticed the room was full of BLUE AND PINK cupcakes. "SOOKIE!" I called out and she appeared from out of the cold storage "what's up?" She asked as I continued to look around at all the cupcakes. "She didn't tell me she just told me what she wanted the cake and stuff to look like and that i was to make the same with both blue and pink and I have to tell them which is which so they can take over from there." Sookie said to me "ahh that kid of mine she's too good at this!" I replied.

————————————————————————

It was finally the day for the Gender reveal after Sookie told Rory which cake was which she had Colin and Finn come into the dining room of the inn and remove the cake of the wrong colour secretly. "Love, why won't you just tell us?! You know we could easily cut this cake while removing it and find out so you should just tell us.." Finn whined to Rory. "Do as you wish boys but no telling if you figure it out!!" She replied sternly.

Once everyone had arrived and had some linch Logan stood up and got everyone's attention "Rory and I would like to thank everyone for coming out today to help us celebrate this amazing gift that has helped bring us back together, we also want to thank you for all the support you have given us. So how about we get down too it and cut this cake and see what we're having?!" Everyone clapped and got in close around the cake as both Logan and Rory grabbed a knife and gently cut a slice slowly pulling it away from the cake "OH MY GOSH!! ITS A BOY!!" Lorelai screamed from behind Rory. Lorelai was the first to hug and congratulate the couple and of course asking for the name to be announced.

Rory got everyone's attention "As Logan said earlier we are so thankful for you all being here, we've been asked a couple times tonight if we have a name picked and we do! We wanted to announce to everyone after the gender news settled a bit so if your ready ..." she paused and everyone was super quiet waiting for the announcement "we have decided that the baby will be named William Richard Huntzburger!"

Applause started around the room and Rory looked over towards her mom and Luke both with tears in their eyes. Rory ran over and her mom hugged her as tight as she could considering and thanked her for carrying on Richards name, Rory leaned up to Luke and whispered "thank you for always being there William was inspired from you." Luke leaned down and gave Rory a hug tears clouding his vision he was trying so hard to continue to be his tough guy self but he felt so honoured by Rory and Logan's decision that he just couldn't help himself. Luke shook Logan's hand and thank him then Lorelai gave him a hug. Emily was so pleased to hear the name Richard and kept thinking how proud he would be and how honoured he'd have felt if he were there with them.

The end of the 'party' came and Logan and Rory decided to spend the night at the dragonfly. They were laying in bed snuggled up.
"Hey Logan"

"Yeah ace?"

"Thank you for honouring my family with the names, I love you!"

"Richard was an amazing man Ror, I would have considered anything if his name wasn't there some how. I love you too"

————————————————————————

Authors Note:
Hey guys thanks for waiting I'm sorry it's taken a bit for this chapter. I had surgery last week I've been recovering and taking care of myself.

Unfortunately my mom has surgery tomorrow :-( I won't be doing anymore writing until she is home and recovering!

Thanks for your support and votes! Remember if you have any ideas let me know maybe I'll try to fit them in!!