Chapter 4: Confessions

Logan decided to finally talk to Odette it had been 3 weeks since he got back from New Hampshire and she admitted a couple weeks ago she didn't like the arrangement either. It was time for them to discuss why they were doing any of it and where their hearts really belonged. Logan had been sleeping on the couch and staying till very late hours at the office. His drinking has slowed down but his depression was still very noticeable and Odette hadn't bothered saying anything more to him.

He decided to get off work early order dinner and sit and talk. When he walked in Odette was sitting on the couch flipping through tv channels.

He starts "Odette I think it's about time we talk" she shot a look at him standing on the other side of the room "oh now your ready you've been in a horrible mood ever since you came back from your trip with those crazy friends of yours we haven't spoke in 3 weeks!" She yelled. "Odette I know and I'm so sorry for the way I've handled things.." Logan said as there was a knock on the door, it was the dinner he ordered so he paid got the food and started to lay it out on the table and asked Odette to join him to eat so they could talk more deeply.

Logan: I would appreciate if this conversation can be 100% honest can we agree to that?

Odette: I can are you sure you can?

Logan: Odette I would not suggest it if i couldn't

Odette: well i want to know why you have been so depressed. I mean you were ecstatic when you left with the boys and since you came back depressed. What happen?

Logan: we will get to that in a minute. I promise. First when you yelled at me the other week you said you weren't happy either. Is it the way I've been acting or are you sincerely hating that we are being forced together by our fathers?

Odette: Well I wasn't happy with the arrangement, i was very much in love with a guy back home. And my father came and ripped us apart saying it was now time to fulfill my destiny as the Bernard heiress and that i must now move to London and marry a man i do not know or love.

Logan: I'm sorry. I've been depressed for almost the same reason. Please don't freak out. Up until the day Mitchum told me you were moving in i was seeing this woman that i am completely head over heels for and have been for the past 13 years. She broke my heart 10 years ago and 2 years ago we happen to bump into each other and things went from there, i was willing to drop everything for her, but she broke things off when she got word of your moving in. I went with the guys to try one last time to win her heart back, but all she did was say goodbye again.

Odette shifted in her seat looking very hurt but understood his heart break.

Odette: i too was with my Pierre up until moving in here. I miss him so much. We need to see if we can get out of this arrangement.. she only left you because of it and i only left Pierre because of it. Do you have a copy of the deal? Our fathers are only thinking about themselves and their businesses. I truly wanted to make the best of this and thought if i tried hard enough i could maybe fall in love and be happy but all i can think about is Him and now i know why you've been extra distant. I know we were good as friends and good at putting on the show when society events came up but I honestly thought that we wouldn't make it this far we would have found a way out. But we never sat to talk to really understand each other. Can I ask you one more kind of personal question?

Logan: of course, full disclosure.

Odette: is this girl Rory? Or Ace? The one that called you in the middle of the night when I came for that party? You sounded so happy when you were talking to her. Oh it must be her!

Logan: yes - he said looking sad

After a very long discussion they came to the agreement they would find their way out of the arrangement and would find their true loves.