Chapter 23: Best day ever!

It's been 4 months since the twins were born. Everything has been going great Rory and Logan have figured out the perfect routine with the nanny still only coming to relive them for a couple hours here and there. Logan is back at work. Rory has her book proposal out and has a couple offers to consider.

————————————————————————
October 16th 2017

Rory stands in front of a full length mirror alone in her dressing room at the Hartford country club. She's wearing a Ivory coloured A-line dress with a lace bodice 3/4 length sleeves with a dramatic v back made by Oleg Cassini .
(I don't normally do this but it was so hard to explain! The cover of this chapter is the dress that I attempted to described)

I can't believe the day is finally here. I hate that it took me so long to realize how right this was. I know I needed to figure myself out before this, but we could have been engaged so many years ago and even married by now. But things took a turn and at least we are finally here today. Ready to move forward. She thought to herself.

"Hey Ror' almost ready?" Christopher asks entering the room.

"Yeah, hey dad... can you get mom?"

"Right here sweets.. I thought you might want to see your babies before you go out there, no getting to close last thing we need is spit up on your dress right before you walk down the aisle you'll have tons of time with them after." Lorelai rambled as she entered the room with William and Sophie.

It was time to walk down the aisle, Lane, Steph, Juliet and Rosemary were already standing by the door of the hall waiting for her.

————————————————————————

RORY'S POV

I watch as the bridesmaids enter the doors one by one I'm standing slightly to the side so that I can't be seen when the doors open between girls.

Finally it's my turn. I see Logan standing at the other end of the isle. I watch as everyone stands and turns towards me. I can't help but have tears start to slip down my cheeks. I never thought this day would come. I knew saying no to him at my graduation was the right thing at the time, but I have been so lost with out him which made me regret not fighting more. It was all that stupid ultimatum.

________________________________________

Logan's POV

I see Rory finally walking down the isle towards me. I can't help but keep the goofy grin off my face. I finally got my Ace. My best friend. The love of my life. She looks absolutely beautiful.

When she finally reaches me Christopher kisses her cheek and puts her hand in mine.

_______________________________

(Third person)

Rory and Logan stand side by side facing the pastor and he starts the ceremony with a prayer for the couple.

"Let us pray.  God, we ask for your blessings upon this man and woman, as we celebrate this momentous occasion in their lives.
Grant them happiness and contentment as they establish their new home, create a new family and explore the depths of their love for one another and for you.
Bless their families and friends and the relationships, which have supported, strengthened and sustained them throughout their lives.
Bless their home as a place of love and of peace.
And if times grow hard and tempers grow short, help them to look into their hearts and remember the love that brought them here today".

Everyone says "amen".

"Will everyone please be seated and we ask that no cellphone pictures be taken during the ceremony. Thank you from the bride and groom." The pastor says