Chapter 12: Lions Den

Headed to Hartford again to the Huntzberger mansion Logan could tell Rory's nerves were getting the best of her. He grabbed her hand and held it tight.

LOGAN'S POV
"It will be fine Ace, they already know we are together and they will have a soft spot once we tell them about the baby.. it's a possible Heir to them Honor will be there to run interference she knows we're together but the baby will be a surprise for her too, if you want you can send her a text telling her to meet us outside so you can tell her first?" I said trying to help calm her down while I handed her my phone. She started to text Honor I could feel her relaxing slightly, I didn't want her to stress too much knowing that it's not good for her or our baby.

As we pulled into the driveway there was Honor standing outside the door. I got out of the car and ran around to Rory's side to help her out. Honor quickly ran over right past me giving Rory a hug.

"I'm so happy your back!! I can't believe it, baby brother finally got some balls and stood up for himself again!" Honor said staring at me. "So why did I need to meet you out here?" She asked curiously.

"Well Rory and I thought it would be best to let you know that we are .. expecting a baby this June .." honor cut me off before i could finish explaining why we wanted her to know first. "That is the most exciting news I have heard!" She said extremely happy practically jumping on Rory and I with hugs "They aren't going to take this to well though don't worry I will be there to break up anything." She said in a serious tone.

"Well Honor, Mitchum is already in agreeance and is happy that I finally stood up and fought for love he also told me vaguely why he was against in the beginning. He told me not to let her go this time. The big worry is the Ice Queen. I'm sure she'll be smoking up a storm when she hears" I replied.

"I'm sure she will, let's get in there poor Josh is sitting alone with them"she replied moving us towards the door.

It had been awhile since Rory had been at the Huntzberger estate and she was just as amazed looking around as she was before. We headed into the living room we said hello and surprisingly everyone was nice and greeted genuinely or at least as genuinely possible for the Huntzbergers.

"Rory good to see you again, it's about time you got my son to grow some balls again" Mitchum said chuckling. "Yes, it's nice to see you again to Mr. Huntzberger thank you for inviting me to dinner" Rory said as mom got up to walk to the French doors leading out to the back patio. "Mom, you might want to wait to have your stress smoke until after we talk, come sit". Wow she actually listened I thought to myself. I got myself a drink and Rory a club soda and we sat on the sofa where we would wait for dinner to be announced. "Well there's no point in waiting. You know Rory and I are back together, we have done a lot of talking and we do have a goal for marriage in the future but not right away we want to get to know each other a bit again. I know your not happy with the fact I won't be married by the end of the year but it will come when we are both ready to take that step." I said. Mom went to leave again while I paused to look at Rory she nodded her head "MOM SIT DOWN!" I said sternly "oh well get on with it Logan! You know she's not good enough.."

Rory cut her off "stop trying to tell us that we can't be together that I'm not good enough for the huntzberger family and I don't know how to run a family like this! Your aware that I am apart of the DAR, I attend social events, and I'm worth more than your family considering I'm a double heiress. Just because I don't want to sit home on my ass and organize events while nanny's take care of my children and my husband works does not make me not good enough I would say Shira from what I've been told you were the one not good enough for this family yet you managed to wiggle your way in!"
I was in shock everyone looked at Rory with a smile on their face except of course my mom. She had pure horror written on her face. "What do you mean double heiress?" Is the only words that she could spit out. "Mom may I remind you of who Rory's father is?" I asked
She looked at me in complete confusion.

I kept thinking how proud of my Ace I was that she took the stab at the ice queen. "Best part is we haven't even got to finish telling you why we are here tonight. But if you must know Rory and I are expecting a baby this June. Also to wipe that confused look off your face her father is Christopher Hayden!" I snapped at her.

"Well congratulations son! Looks like it's a good thing your starting at the New York office after your break" my dad said with a smile looking at mom still completely in shock.

———————————————————————-

The maid came and announced dinner was ready Honor, Josh, Rory, Logan and Mitchum sat talking about an abundance of different topics and when they had planned to find a new apartment. Shira sat in shocked silence the entire night.

Finally it was time to head out, everyone congratulated Logan and Rory again and they left.

In the elevator heading up to their room at the hotel where they were spending the night,
"Oh my god Ace! You were amazing in there! I think pregnancy gave you some extra courage against her I definitely wasn't expecting that!" Logan said with a smile as he grabbed her and gave her a hug. "To be honest I wasn't expecting it either it just flew out of me" Rory replied.