Chapter 17: Christmas

It was finally Christmas Day and Logan woke up early sneaking out of bed he went and made Rory breakfast he knew today was going to be a long day since lunch would be in Stars Hollow then dinner at his parents then off to Nantucket to spend 2 days with Emily.

Rory awoke to the smell of coffee and bacon that had wafted its way into the room. She wiped her sleepy eyes got up and padded into the kitchen "something smells delicious" she said tiredly "im sure it does here's your coffee paper is on the table breakfast will be ready in a minute" Logan said taking the last pancake off the griddle. They enjoyed having Christmas morning to themselves and couldn't wait until they got to do it with their bean. Most of their gifts were in Stars Hollow so that they could open with family but of course Logan had a surprise he went into the guest room and came back out with a small gift bag.

"Ace, I know we agreed to do presents with family but this one I wanted to give you alone" he said as he handed her the bag and Rory looked at him confused. She took out the piece of tissue paper and noticed the ring box underneath. No he wouldn't not yet she thought to herself. "It's not what you think open it" he said seeing the confusion in her eyes. Rory began to open the blue velvet box inside was a silver band with the words tecum meus parati.

"What is it then?" Rory asked staring at the ring. "It's my promise to never leave you, and to always be by your side the inscription means ready for anything with you by my side, I know we both share the long term goal of marriage but I want you to know that even if we don't make it there I will always be here ready to jump I love you Rory. I always have." Logan said as he pulled the ring out of the box to place on her finger. With tear filled eyes she put her hand up for him to place the ring.
After some more time alone they had a shower got ready and headed out to Stars Hollow.

———————————————————————

When they arrived Lorelai ran out the door "Merry Christmas favourite daughter of mine!" As she embraced Rory in a hug. As Rory headed to the trunk to grab something "You better not have done any celebrat—" Lorelai cut herself off "ohhh what's that!?!" Lorelai said pointing to the new shiny ring on Rory's finger. "It's not what you think we didn't get engaged it's Logan's promise to always be by my side and never walk away again" Rory explained.

The rest of their visit in Stars Hollow went on without a hitch, they opened gifts enjoyed lunch at Luke's Diner and headed off to Hartford.

Logan and Rory agreed on the way to the Huntzberger mansion that rather than throwing Shira on another loop they would immediately talk about the ring and Logan's promise. Shira wasn't happy that they still weren't engaged because it was looking bad on the Huntzberger name but she thankfully understood. Dinner went on with great conversation and then gifts were opened.
Rory was completely exhausted as the day came to an end, they were both very tired.
They were going to check into a hotel for the night since they were already packed and their flight to Nantucket was from Hartford. They decided to spend the night at the Huntzberger Estate.

Logan and Rory spent the night in Logan's childhood bedroom, Rory was amazed to see what Logan's childhood looked like. Nothing had really been changed in the room since Logan was about 16 but remnants from younger ages still appeared throughout. They laid in his bed and he told her about different pictures that hung on the wall and he told her about the different schools he'd been to and actually went into some deep conversation about his childhood and how different he wanted their child to be raised. They slowly drifted off to sleep wrapped in each other's arms.

————————————————————————

When they arrived at Emily's house in Nantucket they were greeted by Berta who took their bags from them and put them in the guest room. They went straight to the kitchen where Lorelai and Luke were for lunch. Emily was at the museum like she was every afternoon. The four of them ate lunch and discussed how things went at the Huntzberger dinner.

When Emily arrived home Logan and Luke had made dinner giving Berta the night off from cooking. They all sat to eat "So Grandma How was the museum today?" Rory asked "absolutely wonderful, I don't know what it is about that place but it makes me feel so at ease." Emily replied "how has your Christmas been so far?" She continued to ask Rory and Logan. "Oh it's been amazing Grandma! Christmas morning Logan made me a special breakfast and with that the best promise ever. He promised that even though we both have marriage as our long term goal that no matter how long it takes to get to that place he will always be by my side and ready for anything life throws at us." Then she lifted her hand "this ring is what sealed his promise!" She finished. "Oh my goodness that is beautiful Logan! Such fine taste in jewellery you have!" Emily responded. They finished up dinner and went down to the beach to enjoy a small campfire it wasn't long before Rory was feeling tired, her and Logan both decided to retire for the night.

When they got to the guest room Rory went straight to her purse and pulled out a small box then continued to change into her Pyjamas before picking up the box again climbing in next to Logan.

"Logan?" She whispered

"Yeah?" He replied

"I have a special gift for you too, I've had it with me for 3 weeks now and I debated giving it to you when you gave me mine. I knew it needed to be privately but today has been really great. I just feel like right now is the perfect moment." She said as she handed his the small black box.

As Logan opened the box he smiled, inside was a thin silver chain with a somewhat small circular pendant that the chain was threaded through. The pendant was inscribed with an umbrella on it and you jump, i jump jack around the outside following the edges in a circular direction.

"Logan I am absolutely crazy about you, I have been since our jump. So when you ready to ask again, I promise I'll be ready to say yes this time. I'm ready to live every minute with you. Now I don't want to ruin your spot light moment so I'm just gonna leave it at that." Logan leaned over and placed one finger under her chin to tilt her head slightly he kissed her deeply and passionately "I'm glad to hear that ace. I love you." He said pulling her closer to him "I love you too Logan". They snuggled in together her head on his chest and his arms around her. They were both smiling and happy the couple drifted off to sleep.

They spent their last day in Nantucket shopping at the little boutique stores, they visited Emily at the museum to see her at work with her new passion. They really enjoyed their first Christmas back together and were over the moon excited for what the new year would bring them.

Authors Note:
This is it for a couple days! I promise I will be back and will NOT leave you guys hanging, I'd be leaving myself hanging too in a way!

Thank you for all the votes and comments! I make sure to read them all and I appreciate the feedback and glad your enjoying the story as it plays out in my head. Have a great Weekend everyone.