Chapter 50: Najee

Mason's thoughts are like a movie, his thoughts, his motives. I can't believe I missed this. How could I have missed this? I spent so much time trying to ignore him, pretending he wasn't there.

"We need to get control," Thierry says.

"I know that, but how? It's his turn" I haven't been here in a long time, the darkness, living only with the thoughts of someone else around me. I can't feel anything. I can't do anything.

"We cause chaos" Noah says.

"That could do more damage than good" I remind them "you remember what it was like before. No one had a turn, we were all losing time, Mason took control most of the time."

"He's already in control." Thierry points out.

I know Noah is right but I'm afraid, I don't want to get stuck in the dark again. But star needs me for the mission, she might need me to find her, she could be in trouble.

"He might have told her already." Thierry says.

That scares me more than anything, maybe even more than the dark. Star knowing, someone else telling her. she could be alone and hurt and without any control and I'm stuck here. I'm trapped in my own mind

"Alright." I agree despite my fear, "at the same time."

"Let's put Mason in his place." Thierry accepts the challenge head on.

We line up, lesser personalities that don't care to be in control, Thierry, Noah and me, the main ones taking on the darkest part of us.

"You're not going to win this!" Thierry says, and it feels like a battle cry

We rush forward at the same time grabbing at control. Our feet catch and we fall to the ground

"NO!" Mason yells inward and outward "you're not taking control." He wraps our hands around our head I can feel it, I'm close.

Leave Star alone, Mason! Thierry snaps catching a stray thought of Star, she seems to be in pain but that must be Mason's sick mind, he wishes she could feel pain so he could cause it.

"I need it now, Adler." Mason is yelling at someone but I can't see yet.

Pain jolts throughout our head. The pain shakes all of us for a moment. Thierry and I take a moment to grab at control.

"I'm gonna lose it if I don't get it now." Mason must be with someone. Another jolt of pain stuns us and Mason slips back into full control.

Give it up, Najee, I'm in control now. Mason tries to shove me down.

Thierry just takes up my position and presses against the boundaries. I think I can get it.

I don't want Thierry in control, he doesn't care about the mission, or the team. He's obsessed with Star and I never know when he's going to push her too far.

"Now, Adler!" Mason slams his fist against something.

"It's my body, I'm the strongest." Mason yells, he's confident about whatever it is, he wants done. "It'll be me."

Something cold slides into our veins. I can feel things quieting down. Thoughts from Thierry and Noah and even Bruce seem to meld into one person.

I open my eyes and find the head Idio, Adler, hovering over me watching me. I feel anger, my anger and I shove Adler bac.

"You took too long!" I yell at him. I know what's going on but I don't know how.