Can you wait until fall?

Spring

A knock sounded on the door of the Dragneel' residence. Natsu hopped up from the couch, gladly ready to answer it. Once the door swung open, he greeted the two females outside. "Hello Virgo, Lucy." He kept his voice casual, not wanting to seem suspicious.

"Good morning, Natsu," the older woman said. She wore her usual french maid's uniform, her short pink hair gelled down to give her a serious look. "You need Lucy until six, right?"

'I need her for longer than that...'

He cast that thought away, knowing it was the most embarrassing answer he could give right now. "Yup, 'til six."

"Okay. Jude is out of town and I'll be gone at that time, so when she's done she'll just take the bus."

"I'll make sure she gets to the bus stop safely." He assured.

"That'll be fine. Well, have a good day. Lucy, behave yourself. If she acts up even a little bit please call me." The pink haired woman gave Lucy a little wink, causing the girl to blush.

"I'll keep that in mind." Natsu laughed, loving when Lucy got flustered. He preferred when he did it himself, but this was fun too. He watched as the older woman turned to walk away, not aware of the mischief the teenage boy was planning.

"Come in," Natsu said, scooting to the side for the girl to enter. He wanted to give Virgo some time to leave before making his move.

Lucy was beyond confused. Never had she babysat for Wendy on a Sunday, and never for this long. Eight hours were going to be so boring. She didn't have any homework, and she had already read all her books, so Lucy had nothing to distract her when Wendy would take her nap.

She didn't even bother bringing her backpack. All she had on her person was her clothes and her purse which was filled with her wallet, a small notebook, and a few pens in case she got inspired to write something.

The blonde entered the living room and looked around. She didn't see Natsu's baby sister anywhere, deepening her confusion.

"Oi, I thought I told Virgo to tell you to wear summer clothes?" Natsu's voice came over her shoulders. She turned to see him looking over her outfit for the day.

She was wearing a dark pink, button up shirt. The long sleeves were cuffed back to reach her elbows. Her long legs were covered in a pair of dark jeans, and her feet in a simple pair of black shoes. Her long blonde hair was hanging loosely past her shoulders.

Lucy averted his gaze, feeling her heart speed up. "I-I felt more comfortable in this..." She hadn't spent very much time alone with Mr. and Mrs. Dragneel's son, Natsu. Usually they only saw each other in passing when she would come over to watch their toddler, Wendy. They'd talked a few times, but not very often. She always felt flustered around the handsome teen.

Natsu just shrugged. "If you say so. You might sweat though. It's pretty warm in Hargeon today." He had prepared, wearing a short-sleeved white shirt with a red dragon on the front, paired with some black cargo shorts.

"Hargeon?" The teen questioned, meeting his eyes again.

"Yup!" His green eyes gleamed. "I thought maybe we could hang out today."

Lucy raised a brow. "Aren't I supposed to be babysitting Wendy? Which by the way, where is she?"

"Nope. She's out for the day with my parents." He said it nonchalantly, throwing her off.

Her brows furrowed. None of this made sense. "Then why am I here?"

"I just said, I wanna hang out with you." Natsu grinned. "You're acting so weird."