Let's make a deal

Let's make a deal

"Thank you very much!" A small blonde girl smiled as she waved to the older couple at the doorway. "We'll see you again when the cookies come in!"

"You have a wonderful day," an older blonde teen said as she grabbed her little sister's hand. "Come on, Michelle. We still have a few more houses to go to."

"Okay!"

The two girls walked to the next house, ready to try to sell more cookies. They spent the morning traveling neighborhood to neighborhood to get as many cookies sold as possible.

"Hello!" Michelle said once the door opened to the next house. "Me and my sister Lucy are selling Girl Scout cookies! Would you like to place an order?"

She glanced up at her older sister, seeing the teen sending her a wink. She had mastered her presentation, much to Lucy's satisfaction. This was the last day to sell cookies before she had to turn in her sheet to the Girl Scout's leader to get counted, so she wanted to spend the whole day working on her sells.

When they finished with that neighborhood, the two girls climbed into Lucy's car to drive to the next. She parked, then turned off the vehicle for them to begin the next round of houses. They were barely out of the car when Lucy heard a voice she hadn't expected to hear, at least not today.

"Yo! What's up Lucy!"

"No..." She shook her head, unaware that her little sister was now staring at her with a weird look. "No no no... Is it really him?"

Lucy glanced up, her suspicions confirmed when her eyes landed on the pink haired guy who seemed to find her at the most bizarre times. Seriously, at this point she felt like he was her Juvia and she was his Gray.

Natsu Dragneel was a pink haired boy who happened to attend the same high school as her. They only met about five months ago. They shared some mutual friends and hung out a few times at group gatherings, but that was about it. Well, aside from the fact that he asked her out at least six times since they met... but who's counting?

As she watched the pink haired boy and a small girl -that for some reason looked familiar to Lucy- walk up to them, Lucy thought about all the reasons she wanted to say yes to going out on a date with him. He was funny, nice, and super cute. Okay... More like drop dead gorgeous, but she would never admit that out loud.

When he flashed her a grin her heart thrummed faster in her chest, then she thought about the single reason she hadn't said yes to him. It was simple. She didn't want to date at this age. There wasn't a rule against her dating, but she didn't want to get tied down to one boy before really experiencing life.

It wasn't Natsu's fault that she had this reason against dating. It had to do more with the horror stories she heard about girls dating too young. She didn't want to become a victim to her stupid heart, so she pushed aside her silly feelings for the boy in favor of sparing her the heartbreak that may or may not come.

"Lucy?"

Said girl already felt her stomach doing flips when he stopped in front of her. "Hi Natsu..."

"Who's this?" He seemed to ignore her as he kneeled down to get to Michelle's height. "Well aren't you pretty," he grinned up at the teenage girl as he said, "just like Lucy."

Michelle blushed, then stepped closer to Lucy due to her embarrassment. "I'm Michelle! Lucy's my sister!"

"What are you two doing out here?" Natsu asked, but then his eyes landed on the sash around Michelle's torso. "Oh..."

Before he could ask, the little girl beside Natsu took over. "Hi Michelle," she started, "are you selling lots of cookies too?"

"Too?" Lucy looked at the girl with blue hair, finally noticing the identical sash. That's when she realized she recognized the girl from some of the Girl Scout meetings she attended with Michelle. "Oh, yeah. We're selling cookies. You're Wendy, right?"