Misunderstanding

Lucy woke up with a dull pounding in her head. She blinked, vision blurry for a moment before she could focus. Her eyes landed on the curtain on the wall, narrowing as she realized those weren't her pink curtains. They were yellow with black and red flames at the bottom.

'This isn't my room... It's-'

Her eyes widened as she bolted up, only to realize she wasn't wearing a shirt. She clutched her arms over her chest, thankful she was at least wearing a bra. 'What the hell is going on?'

The light shining in the room stung her eyes, her head still throbbed painfully, and her nose was now being filled with a familiar scent. Eyes flitting from item to item she slowly realized she was in his room.

Just then she heard a heavy snore coming from her side. Lucy gulped, then slowly looked down to see none other than her best friend, Natsu Dragneel, sleeping next to her. She covered her mouth with a hand to muffle her gasp. Natsu was shirtless as well, the sheets stopped right at his hips.

Her eyes lingered on the pink happy trail leading to the sheets, then raked over his toned abs and chest before her eyes fell on his face and neck. His pink hair was a little more messy than usual, but that wasn't what caused her chest to tighten.

Natsu had something pink smudged all over his face and neck. Lucy's eyes widened more when he recognized that shade of lipstick. Lucy pressed her fingertips to her lips, finding her lips dry with only a little bit of lipstick left on them. It was her lipstick all over Natsu's face and neck.

Panic flashed through the girl. 'What the hell happened last night?!' It was a dumb question. Any idiot could see clearly what happened between them. She just didn't understand how it happened.

Despite her flustered state, her eyes wandered back to his lower half again. If she just raised those sheets she would surely see more of her best friend than she ever had before. Or at least the sober version of her would. Drunk her probably saw plenty.

Lucy had no memories of last night after she took her fourth shot of tequila. She partially blamed Erza for that one. The redhead challenged her, saying she couldn't handle it. The joke was on Lucy.

Clearly she really couldn't handle it.

It wasn't completely Lucy's fault she drank so heavily last night. She was celebrating just like everyone else. 2016 was finally over, and it had been a rough year for her. Not only had her mother passed away, making it hard for her to even finish the last semester of college, shortly after that her father's business started to fail, causing her to take two part-time jobs just to handle her tuition while he sorted things out. She actually considered dropping out for a while.

Only recently Heartfilia Corps. started doing better, meaning she could quit one of her jobs, but it still didn't make the loss of her mother any easier. Lucy had wanted 2016 to end, and it finally had. And to celebrate she decided to drink.

Of course she'd drank in the past, but not like this, and not in such a manner that happened last night. Natsu's fraternity threw the huge party, and everyone who didn't go home for winter break was there, partying and drinking til they passed out. Lucy just didn't count on passing out in Natsu's bed, or what happened before that.

A fierce blush stained her cheeks when she remembered her current situation. It was obvious what happened between the sheets. Why else was she in her underwear and he naked in bed? In his bed!

Lucy slowly slipped away from the covers. Sure enough she was in her panties. A little black thong that left nothing to the imagination and her bra were her only cover. It took her a few minutes looking around his room to find her jeans.