Ignored

Ignored

Don't get him wrong. Natsu was glad Lisanna was alive and well. He felt his heart soar when she was reunited with her sister and brother, and of course he was one of the ones partying that night to celebrate her return from Edolas.

But shortly after that, Natsu noticed he was seeing less and less of a certain blonde celestial mage. It wasn't that she was being ignored by her teammates now that Lisanna was back. It was actually the opposite.

Natsu was the one being ignored.

And he didn't like it one bit.

At first he was understanding. Lucy and Lisanna were both nice girls who surprisingly had a lot in common. It was only natural for them to become friends. What Natsu didn't count on was him being replaced by Lisanna so quickly.

"Oh hi, Natsu," Lucy greeted him on her way out of the guild. Lisanna was right by her side, giving Natsu a slight wave before she turned her attention back to the paper in her hand.

"Hey Luce!" Natsu grinned, hoping he caught her at a good time. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight? Happy and I were gonna go fishing?"

Lucy's smile faltered only a little bit. "Oh, I'm sorry. Lisanna and I are actually about to leave for a job."

Lisanna took that as her cue to hand Lucy the flyer. "It's to protect a shipment against potential bandits," Lisanna said, glancing at the paper now in Lucy's hands.

"Sweet," Natsu looked at the paper, feeling a rush of excitement from the idea of going on a mission. "Can I come?"

Lucy stole a peek at Lisanna, then looked back to Natsu. "Sorry. We wanted to take it by ourselves. Besides, this mission would be too boring for you."

Natsu visibly pouted, shoulders going slack as he frowned. "Oh..."

"Plus we'll be on a carriage the entire time," Lisanna pointed out. "You wouldn't have a good time with your condition."

Natsu barely held back a whine. "Okay..." He turned to Lucy. "But when you get back can we hang out?"

"Yeah!" Lucy nodded, glad they could compromise. "We'll be back in a few days. See you soon!" And with that, they left.

Natsu watched Lucy's retreating form until she disappeared in the distance. He sighed, realizing he was once again alone. He decided to stay optimistic. Lucy said they could hang out when she got back, so he would look forward to that while he waited.

In the meantime he took a short job with Happy, enough to get some jewels for food and to keep his mind off his best friend. Well, Happy was his best friend too, but with Lucy it was different. Unlike her, he'd never had romantic feelings for his exceed.

Natsu was successful in swallowing his loneliness down until Lucy returned. True to her word, she made time to hang out with him and Happy. She went straight to his house when she returned from the mission, but she wasn't alone.

"Hey Luce," Natsu smiled wide when he opened the door to the small cottage he shared with Happy. He held back the urge to drop that smile when he saw the animal soul takeover mage next to her. "Hi Lisanna..."

Yes, Lucy had brought Lisanna with her. He had to force his smile for most of the day since he really just wanted it to be Lucy, Happy, and himself today. He didn't hate or dislike Lisanna, not even a little, he just really wanted it to be the three of them. He decided to grin and bear it, seeing as the only alternative was being a rude jerk and telling Lisanna to leave. That would only make him feel bad and upset the girls.