Pocky Day

Pocky Day

"We need to figure out which guy Lucy likes."

Cana and Mira looked over, giving Erza a questioning glance. They looked over to Lucy, seeing her sitting at one of the tables. A book was in her hand while her spirit, Plue, wobbled about the table. Their gazes turned to Erza, Cana choosing to ask, "How do you plan on doing that?"

"Let's do a pocky test!"

"A pocky test?" Mira asked, her tone skeptical. "What's that?"

Erza's eyes gleamed as she explained. "We make her and a guy eat a stick of pocky together to see who makes Lucy blush the most!"

Cana and Mira shared a look before shaking their heads. "That's... that's not a real test," Cana said, but it was too late.

The requip mage was heading from table to table, asking if anyone had any pocky. When she found a pack of chocolate pocky in Levy's possession, she snatched it away, ensuring the girl it was for a good cause. By the time Erza returned to the bar, a small crowd had gathered, Cana and Mira filling them in to Erza's shenanigans.

"It's not gonna work," Macao said, shaking his head. "That girl blushes at everything."

"Shhh," Kinana swatted at the old drunk, "it might work."

Erza grabbed a few sticks of pocky, waving them for everyone to see before heading to Lucy's table. The celestial mage looked up when she saw someone approaching, offering Erza a smile.

"Hey Erza. How are you— What are you doing?!"

Erza dragged Lucy to the center of the room, looking around for her first victim. She found him sitting at the bar, a piece of chicken in his hand. "Natsu!"

The fire dragon slayer paused his chewing to look over his shoulder. "Yeah?"

"Come here please."

Natsu was about to say he was busy eating, but before he could, Erza narrowed her eyes at him. He shivered as he wiped his face with one sleeve, making his way to the two females. "What's up?"

"Eat this pocky with Lucy." Erza handed him one stick, gesturing towards Lucy.

His pink brows knitted together as he stared at the pocky. "Why?"

"Just do it," Erza demanded, her patience running thin. She put a hand on both of their backs, careful not to let the excess pocky touch Lucy's hair. It wasn't too hard considering her hair was pulled up. "You eat one end while she eats the other."

Lucy's eyes widened in panic as she tried pulling away. "I don't want to do this!"

Erza shook her head, applying more pressure to Lucy's back. "You have no choice."

"What's this for?" Natsu asked, inspecting the pocky before sniffing it.

"Research." Erza studied Natsu's expression, seeing she hadn't won him over yet. "It's a challenge."

Fire burned in his eyes as he nodded. "Alright! Come on Lucy! Let's do this!" He stuck one end in his mouth, leaning in towards the flustered girl.

She looked at Natsu, then turned her gaze to Erza. When the redhead didn't budge, she looked around, seeing no one was trying to help her. Sighing, Lucy accepted defeat, taking the other end of the pocky between her teeth. "Whatever. I guess it's not going to hurt me."

"That's the spirit!" Erza said, standing back so she could observe. "Now, each of you takes a bite until there's none left." She rejoined her earlier group, nodding towards the two wizards in the center of the guild. "What do you think? She's blushing a lot."