I'd rather have a treat

It all started with a simple trip to the store. Lucy needed another composition notebook for class, and Natsu needed a new basketball because somehow he managed to pop another one. It was only supposed to take ten minutes tops, but when they walked by the Halloween section, they both lost track of time.

"This is adorable!" Lucy lifted the woman's costume high enough for Natsu to see.

His green eyes flitted from the bottle of fake blood in his hand up to what his girlfriend was showing him. He grinned, knowing the full-body leopard print suit would look fantastic on her. Especially since she tended to wear clothes that clung to her body, revealing her curves. "Looks great," he said, earning a smile from her. "Don't expect me to match ya though."

Lucy merely giggled, tucking the costume under her arm to look around at other things. She was pretty sure she was going to get it, but it didn't hurt to see what else the store sold.

By the end of the shopping trip, they had a cart full of Halloween party supplies, costumes, a cape -for some reason, and a fog machine. The couple were halfway to Lucy's house before they realized they forgot to get her notebook or his ball, resulting in a U-turn and another long look through the Halloween section 'just in case' they missed something the first time.

Lucy smiled at the set up. Erza, Levy, Juvia and her spent all day setting up for the party, wanting to get everything perfect before they guys arrived. All four girls shared a house off-campus, wanting some freedom from the college life. After spending their first year in the dorms, they realized they wanted some privacy. That led to them renting the three bedroom house. Erza, Levy, and Lucy all had their own rooms, while Juvia had the basement. Juvia protested at first, but when the girls told her why she should stay there, she couldn't help but agree.

The basement was nearly soundproof, making it better when her fiancé, Gray, came over. They could get quite noisy when they were alone.

Lucy looked at the girls, loving their costumes almost as much as she loved her own. She decided to spruce up her costume since she felt like the body suit wasn't enough. She attached a small orange ghost charm to the end of her tail. She was relieved when she realized it wouldn't weigh down the tail. Lucy pulled her blonde hair into pigtails with black bows that looked almost like bats. She wouldn't admit it out loud, but the reason she wore her hair like that was because she knew how much her boyfriend loved it.

Resting on the top of her head was a pair of black cat ears, giving her a playful look. Around her neck she wore a red collar which Lucy knew would get Natsu's attention easily. Not only was it a little sexy, but it was also in his favorite color.

Lucy's eyes moved until they landed on Juvia. The blue haired girl really jumped out of her comfort zone this year. She wore a tight black tank top with black leggings. Carefully sewn on her clothes were white bones to make her look like a living skeleton. She wore arm sleeves that matched her outfit, as well as a small black top hat that sat on her head of blue curls.

Lucy smiled, then looked over at Erza. This year she went as a witch, though in Lucy's opinion it seemed more like it was a 'sexy witch', but Erza assured her it was just a normal one. The top was a corset, revealing a generous amount of her cleavage. She had a cute orange bow around her neck, matching the little bits of orange adorning her black corset, skirt, and witch's hat. Just for fun the redhead carried a broom around with her, one end had straw for sweeping while the other end had a small pumpkin charm attached to it.

"When are the guys coming over?" Levy asked, checking the oven to see if the roasted pumpkin seeds were done. Satisfied with the golden brown color, she removed them to let them cool.