Nightmare before Halloween Part 2 of 2

Nightmare Before Halloween Part 2 of 2

"Your face!"

"What's wrong with it?" Natsu asked, worried about his best friend's reactions. A second ago she was fine... but now...

Lucy couldn't form the words to describe to Natsu what she was seeing. His fake red eyes were now darker, his pupils were now slits. His canine teeth were always sharp, but now every tooth in his mouth had a pointy edge. The horns that were attached to his head by a headband were now longer, twisting at odd angles. They looked heavier, thicker, and more spaced out from before. Black marks adorned his cheeks and jaw, looking like a dark fire licked at his face.

Her eyes flitted down, seeing the black paint on his arms had shifted. Now they went up past his elbows. The dull claws on his hands were now larger, sharper, longer, and extremely intimidating. She nearly gasped when she saw the fake wings on his back spread out, the webbing between the bones looking authentic.

Daringly, she reached out and touched the edge of his wing. "Whoa!" Natsu flinched when he felt the weird sensation. His eyes snapped to his side, seeing the wings looking different. "Those aren't mine!"

"Yes... they are," Lucy inspected, eyes tracing the wings to his back. His vest was burning away around the part where his wings attached to his body. She glanced down, seeing the swinging tail behind him. "Holy crap!"

"What!?" Natsu asked, but his voice was soon drowned out by the sound of screams. Natsu and Lucy looked around them, seeing people running and yelling for their lives. "What the hell is going on?!"

"I don't know," Lucy took a step closer to Natsu, fearing the reactions of the people around them.

It seemed for a moment that no one had noticed the blonde haired 'water-bearer' and the pink haired 'demon'. That was, until the clown from earlier stepped in front of Lucy, wearing a feral grin. Her pulse increased when she saw its bloodshot eyes staring at her while its white-gloved hands reached out. It jumped for her, causing her to shriek.

"Look out!" Natsu shouted, grabbing Lucy's arm to jerk her away from the evil clown.

Lucy heard a honk come from the clown when it bonked its nose against the food table. Any other time she would have laughed, but she couldn't now... Not with the pained scream tearing from her throat.

They both looked down, seeing Natsu's claws had pierced her skin, red streaks of blood dripping down her arm and soaking into the sleeves on her arm.

"Oh fuck!" Natsu let go of her immediately, horrified with what he did. "I'm so sorry! It was an accident!"

Lucy couldn't be bothered with the details now. She needed to figure out what the hell was happening. She looked around, seeing the bizarre scene unfold right before her eyes. She couldn't believe what she was seeing...

Vampires chased after people, screaming that they wanted to suck their blood. Werewolves howled, then clawed at anyone nearby, trying to rip them to shreds. Zombies slowly walked towards groups of people, probably trying to eat their brains, but they couldn't speak. Only grunts and groans left their mouths as they languidly moved around.

Lucy's eyes scanned the room, finally landing on her best female friend, Levy! Ignoring the pain in her arm, she grabbed Natsu's wrist, avoiding his sharp claws at all cost as she jerked him towards the blue haired girl. When they got within earshot, they both cringed at the horrific thing they heard.

"You're such a naughty boy," Levy said, her voice low and sultry. In other words, it was nothing like her actual voice. The 'sexy librarian' was talking to Gajeel, who looked to be covered in actual metal. "There's some overdue fees you need to pay for."