Chapter 1

"FUCK," I screamed as I accidentally rolled out of the bed and fell hard onto the floor. "Ty, what the hell have I told you about cussing in my damn house!" my mother hollered from her bedroom. "Sorry ma..." I replied back and then mumbled "It's not like I'm 24 years old and help pay bills in this house." Yes, that's the sad ass truth, I am 24 years old and still living at home with my mother. In my defense, I decided it was best for me to stay home and help pay bills while I was in grad school. Why you ask? Simple, everything was so damn expensive. After I get up off the floor, I go into the bathroom to take a quick shower and brush my teeth. The bathroom was nothing special at all and it was small, but on the bright side at least the hot water was working and I had a place where I could shower. After brushing my teeth I decided to stare at myself in the mirror. I did this every morning hoping that something about my appearance would have miraculously changed overnight. Yet again, I was disappointed. I still was the same pale ass girl with dark circles under her eyes. I wasn't horrible looking, I just wished I looked more like those Instagram models...ya know, PERFECT AF. I didn't possess that natural glow that they had. I decided to do a routine check over the rest of my body. I had hazel eyes, with shoulder length kinky medium/sandy brown hair. I was what people would consider "thick" or "curvy". I guess it depends on the person. I had large breasts, wide hips, thick thighs, and a little booty. Yup, little booties matter too, in case you needed to know.

  "Ty, I need you to go to the corner store to grab some milk and eggs!" my mother hollered interrupting my train of thought. I hurried up, slid on some jean shorts, a thin hoodie, and put on a pair of maroon Jordans. I know what you're thinking, "If you're poor, why you wearing some Jordans?" and the answer to your question is simple, these shoes were on sale for $55. Ty ain't no fool. As I walked out of the house I embraced the warm July air. And before you ask, I decided to wear a hoodie so it would deflect any unwanted male attention from me. I started walking up the street extremely fast, ya know, like a crackhead. The faster I walk, the sooner I will be back into the safety of my house. However, my fast walking, nor hoodie, stopped a guy in a Lexus with tinted windows from pulling up next to me. "Hey sweetheart, you need a ride?" said an older man from inside the car. "No thank you. But thanks for offering." I replied. "You too fine to be out here walking. How about you take my phone number down so next time I can give you a ride?" he replied. "Sure." I huffed. I hurriedly saved his number in my phone and continued walking to the store. After coming out the store, I ran all the way home. YUP, I ran and I was out of breath. Listen, you don't make it to see 24 years old in Baltimore without being quick on your feet and street smart. As I get home, I go straight to my room and climb into my bed. Then I hear my phone ping notifying me that I have a text message. It was from Nini and it said "YOU READY?!" I checked the date on my phone and realized it was July 7th, which means there were only two more days until I left for my birthday trip to Shanghai, China. After realizing this, happiness consumed me and I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.