Chapter 16

*In this chapter it will switch between Lei's and Ty's POV.  I will let it be known when there's a switch in the POVs.

Lei's POV

  I woke up to hearing a phone ringing. I looked over to see Ty's phone vibrating on the nightstand. Ni Ni must have sat it there last night while she was changing Ty's shirt. I ignored the phone ringing and attempted to fall back asleep. Five minutes later, I heard her phone ringing again signaling she had an incoming FaceTime call. Who's calling her at 8:00 am on a Saturday morning? The phone kept on ringing. Getting irritated with the sound, I walked over to the nightstand to see who was calling her. Her phone screen read " Isaiah A." Is this the same one who cheated on her? I'd bet my last dollar it was the same guy. I decided to pick up the call to see who this person was that cheated on Ty.

Isaiah: Who the hell are you and why you picking up my girl phone?

The brown skinned guy with a beard said while looking at me with his eyebrows raised.

Me: Your girl? Ha, that's funny. Last time I checked a guy doesn't cheat on his woman.

Isaiah: You don't know shit about our situation. So stop judging and put her ass on the phone.

Me: No, I'm not going to put her on the phone. I'm sure you saw her Snapchat story. She's in Shanghai, China celebrating her birthday and enjoying her alone time with me. I shower her with gifts, I don't overwhelm her with stress, and with that being said, Good bye.

As I hung up the phone, I decided that I needed to block his number so he can not bother her anymore, but her phone had a passcode on it. Well she just turned 25, so that means she was born in 1993. I entered her birth year. Her phone said "Incorrect passcode". Then I put in her birth year backwards and the screen unlocked. I went to her contacts and blocke his number, then deleted him from her Snapchat. I placed her phone back on the nightstand and laid back down. After a few minutes, I realized that I couldn't sleep, so I decided to go downstairs to grab a bottle of water and medicine for her so it was ready when she woke up. Once I came back to my room with the stuff, I noticed Ty was sitting up in my bed. "Good morning, don't freak out. You passed out last night on the balcony and all of us were intoxicated. Everyone agreed to stay and sleep it off. I only wiped the vomit off your face and legs. Ni Ni came in here to change you out of your clothes." I rapidly said. She only nodded her head. "Here's a bottle of water, medicine, and some of my shorts for you to wear. There's an extra washcloth, towel, and toothbrush in my bathroom for you to use." I elaborated. "Thanks..." she mumbled. She climbed out of the bed and walked to the bathroom. As she walked past me, all I could do is stare at her naked legs. Fifteen minutes later, she walked out of the shower with a blank look on her face. Shit, I hope she's not mad at me...

Ty's POV

  Damn, I passed out. "Did he really clean me up?" I thought as I brushed my teeth after taking a quick shower. As I opened up the shower door, I saw Lei sitting on the edge of the bed looking in my direction. I walked past him and sat on the bed in the same spot I slept in. I saw the water bottle and pills on the nightstand. I popped two pills in my mouth and guzzled half of the bottle of water. " Lei, could you come sit up here next to me?" I asked sheepishly. Lei crawled his way up from the bottom of the bed up to where I was sitting. "I want to thank you. I know we barely know each other, but I appreciate you looking out for me and my friends." I said while looking into his eyes. I leaned forward and gave him a hug. Damn, he was so warm. "So," I continued "I do feel kinda awkward because we have a vibe going on, but I don't know anything about you". "Well I'm 23 years old. My birthday is December 7th. I have a sister..." He rambled on for a few minutes. Then he proceeded to ask me general questions about myself. I answered all of his questions honestly. "To be honest, I find you really beautiful. I know you are leaving Shanghai at the end of next week, so I hope we can go out on this date and keep in touch after you leave" He admitted, unshamed. "I would love to go on a date with you, but...I'm not your type and men like you can't handle me. Look at you, we're the same size." I said in a joking, but serious manner. "Handle? What's to handle? You're a feather and I'm a boulder. I can handle you and put you in your place if necessary." he said while smirking. "Whatever..." I said while shoving him on the bed. "Now handle that." Before I could even blink my eyes, Lei flipped me onto the bed and pinned my hands above my head. Then he wedged himself between my legs. "Don't underestimate me Ty. I know that Black women think Asian men are frail, but we're not weak. I could have you in this position all day without breaking a sweat." he said a couple inches from my face. Damn, I could feel his abs pressed up against my womanhood. I felt myself get warm in my panties. Now was not the time to get turned on and make a mess of myself.

  Our moment was interrupted by a knock on Lei's door. "Lei and Ty, come downstairs. Bo is making breakfast for us." Ni Ni said. Lei got up and walked out of the room, I followed slowly behind him. Once I walked into the kitchen, I noticed everyone gathered around the breakfast bar. On the breakfast bar there was a platter of fruit, a platter of scrambled eggs, and one platter of sweet steamed buns drizzled with honey and one topped with cinnamon. I sat down on a stool, grabbed a plate, and put a steamed bun and a couple slices of starfruit on it. "Good morning. How are you feeling?" Kevin asked. "Good!" I responded, shocked. I was surprised, and touched, that Kevin asked me that question. We haven't talked much, but I can already tell that I liked him for Day. "Good because the girls were worrying us about you." Bo said while laughing. "Shut up!" Day and Ni Ni said at the same time. "So...Bo and I have to leave late in the afternoon for Beijing today to take care of some business. We won't be back until Tuesday night." Lei said sadly. Damn, Lei is going to be gone for three days and I leave 36 hours after he gets back. "Damn, we were really enjoying hanging out with you guys." Ni Ni said.  Well, we can go out once we get back, I promise." Bo said to us. "I'm going to to be handling business too. But, I'll be free after Sunday night." Kevin said, speaking to Day. She grunted. An hour later, we were getting dropped off at our loft apartment by Bo and Lei. Day went up to the apartment as soon as the car stopped. Ni Ni and I stayed behind for  a minute to say bye to Bo and Lei. After our goodbyes, Ni Ni and I walk upstairs to see Day in the living room watching tv. "So, I got some shit to tell y'all." I said,  remembering Bo's phone conversation from last night. I yawned "But I'll tell you two later after I wake up from this nap." I walked into my bedroom, climbed into bed, and passed out.