Chapter 7

"Rise and shine Sleeping Beauty!" Ni Ni sang in my ear while Day opened up the curtains. "Please let me sleep for five more minutes..." I mumbled while burying myself under the covers. "Come on Ty, it's already noon! We're halfway across the world and we leave in six days. Do you really want to spend another moment sleeping?" Day questioned. Damn, she has a good point, I thought to myself. I climbed out of the bed and walked to the bathroom. After handling my business, I walked to the kitchen where Day and Ni Ni were having a conversation about last night. I sat down at the breakfast bar and put my head on the counter. I had a pounding headache and was very dehydrated. "Ty, here's some Advil, water, breakfast dumplings, and orange juice." Ni Ni said softly while place the items in front of me. After taking the Advil, drinking the water, and eating a breakfast dumpling, I started feeling slightly better. "So, what are the plans for today? It's Friday, so you know the nightlife should be popping tonight." I said while looking at Ni Ni and Day. "I was thinking we could go shopping, go out to a restaurant for dinner, and go to see an amateur underground fight tonight..." Ni Ni said while looking down at her nails. "That sounds fine with me...HOLD UP HOLD UP! An underground fight?! Aren't those like illegal?!," I hollered at Ni Ni. Day decided to take a sudden interest in the breakfast bar's countertop. I sat there for a few moments looking between Day and Ni Ni waiting for a response. Finally, Ni Ni spoke up, "These types of fights are secretive and whatnot. But we were given special invitations with VIP access to see the fight. We'll be able to meet the fighters and sit in the front row with unlimited liquor and food provided." "So, basically, we get to see half naked men and can drink liquor, FOR FREE. I am down with going to the fight tonight." Day said happily. "Okay, before we decide to go, tell me what's really up Ni Ni. How you know about this event?" I asked her curiously. "Well, remember Bo from last night? He followed me on IG and sent me a DM. So, we were chatting and he asked me about our plans for tonight. I told him we didn't have any, so he invited us to come to the fight. He actually has a close relationship with the hosts of this event and was able to get us VIP access and all of that." she said excitedly. "For some reason, I really don't remember last night. I don't remember Bo. But, I'm down for the cause." I replied. "You don't remember last night? Bitchhhhh, you don't remember each of us having a fine ass Asian specimen drooling over us?! Especially Lei, he was all over you and you were dancing on him." Day said while sipping her green tea. " What?! Day, you're trippin',  you must've been out your mind last night!" I said laughing. "Okay, we'll see if you remember tonight once we meet up with Bo and Lei at the fight. Because best believe Lei wants some of that caramel,l." Ni Ni said while looking at me. I swear Ni Ni and Day are crazy AF. But, I don't remember a Bo or Lei. "Anyways, I was messaging Kevin and he's coming to the fight too." Day said while cheesing really hard. "Okay, so we need to go shopping and find some cute outfits for this fight tonight." I said. As Day and Ni Ni were chatting about messaging Kevin and Bo, I sat back and wondered about who in the hell was Lei.

* Fast forwarded later on that same day but in the evening*

  Shopping today was a FUCKING disaster. None of the clothing stores we visited had sizes large enough for me and Ni Ni. After a few hours of looking, we decided to give up and just wear something that was packed in our suitcases. Before going home, we stopped to have dinner at a restaurant that was situated on the Huangpu River. I ordered a filet mignon steak, steamed vegetables, with a small order of egg drop soup.  Day and Ni Ni decided to order the chef's specialty dish of the day. The food was amazing. "Excuse me, can you bring me the check please?" I asked our waiter. "Miss, your check has already been paid for by Mr. Lei." the waiter said softly. "Are you sure?" I asked with uncertainty. "Yes Miss, Mr. Lei always visits this restaurant and pays a monthly fee to ensure he always has a table reserved." she explained before bowing and walking away. "How did this 'Lei' guy know we were eating at this restaurant?" I said aloud while talking to myself. I look over at Ni Ni and she was messing with her nails while looking guilty. "Well, the restaurant has free Wifi so I was messaging Bo on IG about the restaurant and stuff..." Ni Ni said. "Looks like Lei is jumping through some hoops to impress you Ty." Day said teasingly. "Shut up. Let's hurry up, it's already 6 pm and the guys are picking us up at 7:30 pm for the fight." I replied.

  We didn't back to the apartment until 6:30 pm. I hurried upstairs, grabbed my shower essentials, and went into the bathroom. I took a quick five minute shower, dried off my body, put on lotion, and brushed my teeth. I checked my phone, it only had taken me twelve minutes. Damn, I was a beast. "Day and Ni Ni, I am done showering and out of the bathroom!" I hollered as a I walked down the hallway to the bedroom. I waited a few minutes to let the lotion dry on my body before getting dressed. I slipped on a black lace bra and matching cheeky panties. Sorry, I can't wear thongs, they are so uncomfortable.  Then, I decided to put on some ripped up high waisted black cheeky shorts with a nude pink crop top with fishnet sleeves and some nude pink Fenty puma sneakers (my sister bought them for me as a graduation gift). To finish up my look, I wore some silver hoop earrings and some shimmery pink lip gloss. After I was finished, I decided to go downstairs to make me a drink, Crown Royal Apple and Vanilla Coke. I checked my phone and it was 7:00 pm. Cool, I had 30 minutes to drink and calm my nerves. Fifteen minutes later, Day and Ni Ni came downstairs to the kitchen. I decided to check out their outfits. Day was wearing high waisted shorts like mine, but hers were a denim blue, a white wife beater crop top, some gold Air Force Ones with gold hoop earrings. Ni Ni was wearing shorts like mine and Day's, except hers were white, a maroon crop top with "Boujee" written in white, some maroon crushed velvet Jordans, and lipstick to match the shoes. "Damn! Y'all trying to make Asian men become attracted to black women huh?" I said jokingly. " Whatever Ty. Asian men are already attracted to Black women, you're just in denial." Day said smartly and Ni Ni nodded her head in agreement. "Fine. It's 7:25pm. Let's take a celebratory toast for tonight and the rest of the weekend." I said while handing them both paper cups filled halfway up with champagne with a piece of starfruit at the bottom. "Let's have fun, be safe, enjoy some eye candy, AND make memories we'll never forget!!" Ni Ni screamed. "CHEERS!!" all of us said before downing our cups of alcohol. "Hey, the guys are outside." Ni Ni said. I grabbed Day's purse off the stool and handed it to her before walking downstairs . With the alcohol flowing through my blood, I was now ready enough to meet this mysterious guy named Lei.