Chapter 8

As soon as I walked outside I noticed two guys standing outside of a black Ranger Rover holding open the doors on the passenger side. The taller guy was holding open the door for the backseat row, while the shorter one was holding open the door for the front seat. I started walking towards to the taller one when I heard Ni Ni holler from behind me, "You sitting up the front with Lei while Day and I are sitting in the back with Bo." I know this chick not trying to set me up by making me sit in the front seat. "Fine." I huffed and before moving to the other door I decided to introduce myself to Bo. "Hello, my name is Ty and I'm bestfriends with these two idiots." I said while pointing to Day and Ni Ni who were walking behind me. I decided to give Bo a quick lookover. He was tall, stocky built, had short spiky hair, thick eyebrows with a large, but narrow nose. "Ty? I thought your name was Tara.." he said in a confused tone while looking towards Lei. Before I could respond, Ni Ni and Day weee already at the car, ready to get in. "Hurry up and go to the front seat Ty. We don't want to run late for the fight!" Day whined. I moved out their way and turned towards Lei who was holding the door open. "Thanks. Ummm..." "Lei, my name is Lei." he said quietly. I did not have a chance to really look at him, but I immediately noticed that Lei was about an inch taller than me. "Fuck, short guys are my weakness..." I thought to myself as I climbed in the car. After everyone was settled into the car and Lei started driving, I noticed the interior of it was red with black trimmings. "Lei, your car is nice as hell." Day drawled out. "Thanks, I had it customized in the States and had it shipped here to Shanghai." he responded. "So it's about an hour drive to the fight. We should play a game to get to know each other better." Bo said. "We could play 21 Questions or Never Have I Ever." I suggested to the everyone in the car. Everyone agreed to playing either game. "Bo, are you single?" I asked. "Yup, I haven't had a girlfriend in a few years. How old are you Ni Ni?" he asked. "24. Lei, have you ever been in an interracial relationship?" Ni Ni asked. "No, I haven't had the opportunity. Ty, what's two things you find attractive on a guy?" Lei asked. Without even thinking I responded, "Tattoos and V-necks. Day, how old were you when you got your first tattoo?" But, I never got a chance to hear Day's response because Lei let out a booming laugh. "What the hell is he laughing at?" I thought. So, I decided to turn my head to look at Lei, hoping that me looking would make him stop. However, once I turned to look at him I couldn't process any of my thoughts. He was tatted. Oh gosh, was he fucking tatted. I looked down at his right hand and muscular forearm to see it covered with a cobweb tattoo. As my eyes travelled upwards I noticed a red dragon tattoo on the right side of his neck. He had on a white V-neck shirt that showed off the top part of a chest tattoo. I decided to look at his face. Although I could only see half of his face, I noticed he had a small mouth with plump lips, slanted eyes, and a broad nose. His skin complexion was a nice golden hue from a natural summer time tan. He was fucking hot. Nah, like "make a Black woman want to rethink her perspective on ALL Asian men" type of hot. "Enjoying my V-neck shirt and Tattoos?" Lei said innocently while breaking my train of thought. "Damn, he caught me looking" I thought to myself. I didn't have a witty comeback so all I could do was blush. "So, how do you two know the hosts of this fighting event?" Day asked. I look at her and she gave me a "You was caught slipping" look. I am so glad Day purposefully changed the subject. Bo and Lei  launched a full fledge detailed story about how close their relationship was to the hosts.

  The hour flew past with us talking and eventually Lei pulled up outside a large warehouse surround by the countryside. "The fights have to be hosted away from Shanghai so there's a lower chance of getting caught by the police." Bo explained giving an answer to my unasked question. Once Lei parked, he hopped out the car and walk towards over to my door. He opened it and held out his hand for me to grab to help me get down. Bo did the same for Day and Ni Ni. As Bo, Ni Ni, and Day walked in front of us, Lei leaned in and whispered to me "I find it attractive when a woman wears lipgloss and has thick thighs." Before I could respond, he brushed his hand against the side of thigh for a brief second and hurried to walk in front of the group to talk to the security. That brief touch had left me a hot ass mess. Damn my hormones, I thought as I hurried behind the group.