Chapter 4

*All conversations between Lei, Bo, and all other Chinese characters are in Mandarin. Italics denote the following statement.

Lei's POV

  "What are you thinking about?" Bo asked me. "Nothing, just anxious about tomorrow." I responded, lying through my teeth. "Liar, you're thinking about that birthday girl. I'm kinda surprised though, I didn't think you would be interested in a woman that wasn't Asian." Bo replied. I decided to ignore his statement and signaled for one of the service girls to come to our table. "Hello, what would you like to drink?" the service girl asked. She was pretty, I can admit that. She was petite, with plump lips, dark brown eyes, and dyed light brown hair that was crimped. "Hmmm, I'll have a bottle of champagne and a bottle of French Vanilla Ciroc. Put it on my tab." I said while tipping her 200 RMB (Chinese currency). The service girl hurriedly walked away. I decided to look around the VIP section where we were seated. The section was occupied with celebrities, businessmen, drug dealers, athletes, etc., to put it simply, you had to be the cream of the crop to be allowed in the VIP section. Normally I don't indulge in paying for a table in the VIP section, but the Unwanted club was different. Their VIP section was on the second floor which allowed their rich guests to have a 360 degree view of downtown Shanghai and of the dance floor below. "Ok, since you're ignoring my earlier comment, why are you anxious about tomorrow? You've been doing this for years." Bo whispered. He was right, we have been at this for awhile. "Because Bo, tomorrow could be the last day of it all and you know it." I responded while gulping down my drink. Tomorrow night, Bo and I would be hosting another fight night and the bets are at an all time high, $20 million.

  A few years ago, Bo and I bought a warehouse in a rural area outside of Shanghai to host fight nights. In China, it was illegal to host, or participate, in fight clubs. If caught, Bo and I could get up to twenty years in prison. "That won't happen and if it does we'll just beat their asses." Bo responded cockily. Bo was a trained fighter in kick boxing and mixed martial arts. Standing at 6'1" and weighing at 215 pounds, he was a force to be reckoned with in and outside of the ring. "You're right. I'll stop over thinking it." I said. Unlike Bo, I was only trained in kick boxing and  learning tae kwon do. Where as Bo was tall and extremely muscular, I was 5'8" and weighed 165 pounds. My body consisted more of lean muscles, but I'm not complaining at all. "Hey, isn't that your girl on the dance floor?" Bo yelled while pointing down below. I looked over the balcony to see the birthday girl and her two friends popping their butts and moving their hips to Yo Gotti's latest single "Rake it Up". I'm not going to lie, they all look good, especially the birthday girl. She looked like an enticing caramel angel with that white outfit she had on. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought that because I saw a tall guy with buzz cut standing a few feet behind her staring at her butt. For some reason it bothered me, I was ready to break his leg in four different places for gawking at her. "Hey, doesn't she owe you a dance?" Bo said, breaking my train of thought. "Yes, yes she does and it's time to claim my prize, don't you think?" I said smirking manically. "Oh, I've got to see this!" Bo said as I walked down the stairs and towards the dance floor.