An old Ahjumma

(just imagine Jimin being much younger than in the gif)

It's been a week since I brought Jimin with me. It's really hard for him to stay put as he cried the whole day and haven't been having his food properly. I feel sad, why a 16years old boy has to suffer this much in his life. "God! you're just being cruel." But I can't leave the bot like this, he has to live and yet to see so many things.

"Noona! you can come in" he saw me standing at the door of his room.

"You need to get yourself together, Jimin! that's what your mom would have wanted. Isn't it?" I walked over to his bed, to see him crying.

"You need to go to school, learn new things, have fun." I chimed to him, placing my hands on his shoulder to comfort him. Which only lead to more of crying. I didn't know how to deal with this situation.

"I have a good news for you," I said thinking, the only good news for him at this moment will be if I said I can bring back your mom. But I had to do something and can't see him suffering at this age. so I decided to take him to a local fair. I wanted him to enjoy as much as he can to forget the pain at least for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't the car to the fair because I knew he wouldn't feel comfortable. We took the bus from the stand to the fair.

We were there in the next half an hour. I see no excitement or whatsoever in Jimin yet.But I hoped to see him smile today. We started off with the first ride. 

"Shall we?" I asked grabbing his hand.

"No noona! I can't" he said shaking his head. At first, I thought he doesn't want to change his mood.  So I pulled him and walked to the closest ride. He kept telling me, no but I wasn't gonna listen.

"NOONA!" I turned to see him staring at me and loosened my grip on his hand.

"It.. It..It looks scary!" he said Squeezing my hands. I couldn't control myself and bursted into laughter.He also smiled nervously. 

"It will be alright, my boy!" I said patting his shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finished 4 more rides and decided to eat something. We started off walking towards Eomuk (fishcake) stall in front of us. I made an order. 

"it wasn't that scary as it looks!" he said smiling brightly for the first time.

"I told you so. You won't know until you...." I turned to my right and saw an old ahjumma standing beside me and staring at me. 

"Ah! gabjagi"(scared me) I jumped two steps back. "She doesn't look like a ghost" thinking myself.

"You want?" I offered her the fish cake. But still, she kept staring at me with tears.

"Ahjumma!" she saw Jimin, who called her and looked again at me.

"Destiny!" she grinned looking at me, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"What?" I asked her with a confused expression on my face.

"You look exactly like her, my dear!" she exclaimed reaching my cheeks. 

I leaned back to avoid the touch "Look like who" I demanded.

But by then Jimin grabbed me away from her and he started to walk fastly. I quickly placed the money on the counter without thinking about the change, we started to walk away pacing every bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a quiet ride back to home on the bus. But this time, I was the one silent. I couldn't stop thinking about the old Ahjumma. She had this disturbing stare at me and she said I resemble someone. who might it be? Her daughter? Her sister? Or she is just a crazy old Ahjumma.

"She was just crazy!" Jimin said as if he heard my thoughts.

"Yeah possibly,"I said looking down at my hands.

"thank you Minji!" Jimin said brightly smiling at me. I caressed his hair and patted him, but didn't say anything. His smile made me somewhat relieve myself. 

A few minutes later I realized that he called me by my name. "Did you just call me Minji?" I asked smirking at him. He nodded without looking at me.

"I am just 5 years younger than you. I don't see the necessity of calling you Noona." he winked at me, smiling brightly. I didn't complain.

It was more satisfactory to see him smile. That was enough, my purpose was solved.