Chapter One

~Author's Note~

I am so very excited to be writing this fanfiction! I have had many ideas for this, but I narrowed it down to one! So, viewers please comment and please share your ideas in my first chapter! Also, thank you for reading this!

The day was as bright as a magnolia in may as the two cup brothers went out on their normal stroll through the forest. Cagney the Carnation greets them with a smile, having been freed from his contract, and waves as the two brothers disappear deep into the woods. It is a bit cooler now, due to the beginning of autumn, and Mugman and Cuphead are both wearing scarfs of their own colors. Red for Cuphead and blue for Mugman to match their shorts of course. A sudden rustle, coming from one part of the woods around them, and something they had never seen ran past them.

A blue creature, small but fast, so fast they only saw a blue blur shoot by them.

A small animal dashed away from a woman walking out from the bushes beside them. Her short bob was red, like a crimson gem on a ring, and her hair parted on her left side. Her hair was also in bouncy curls that move every time she looks around. She was wearing a light pink blouse that was tucked into her rose-red skirt that stopped at her ankles. Her mud-covered boots were what Mugman noticed as she saw them looking at her.

"Uh-um...H-hello little ones...do you happen to know where I could find Inkwell Isle?" Her voice was sweet like honey as she asked the boys for directions.

Cuphead smiled at her as he boasted. "Yes ma'am, we actually live over there! We can show you if ya want?"

Mugman smiled, agreeing with his older brother as always, nodding his head in agreement. "It's only a short walk from here!" Mugman explained as Cuphead starts walking.

"Oh! Well, thank you both!" She replies happily following them.

"My name's Cuphead and this is my brother Mugs!" Cuphead said as he was walked beside her.

"Mugman is my full name, but you can call me Mugs if you want." Mugman explained while pushing his brother out of the way.

"Well, you two boys have fine names at that! Where are my manners? The name's Porsha Doll, but you two can call me Mss Porsh for short." Porsha replied as Mugman smiled and took her hand.

"Here we are! Good ol' Inkwell!" Cuphead exclaimed as they all walk into Inkwell Isle.

"Wow, it is just like in the notes..." Porsha says faintly, causing Mugman to shift his focus to her.

"What was that Miss?" Mugman asks while Cuphead turns around to see all the commotion.

"Oh, sorry Mugman and Cuphead. I need to actually explain why I am here." Porsha began to say but was cut off by people as they rushed to one part in the isle.

"No, not again..." Cuphead groans as he dashed toward all the commotion as Mugman followed close behind.

Porsha caught up with the boys to see a man being thrown out of a shop. Cuphead realized that it was Porkrind's establishment and pushed through the crowd. He looks to the person that was thrown and surprise! Surprise! It was King Dice. Well, his title, while he was the Devil's right-hand man, was King Dice, but since the contracts had been broken he only went by Dice. His tattered clothes were a symbol of everything that he had thought was good to be gone in his life. Cuphead and Mugman still remembered the casino crumbling around them as they defeated the devil that day.

~~~Flashback~~~

"Mugs! C'mon!" Cuphead yelled as the two burned the last of the remaining contracts.

"Good gosh! Cuphead! Someone is still inside this place!" Mugman informed him with caution as the building was beginning to crumble.

They noticed that it was King Dice trying to get all other members out of the casino. He was the last one to leave but a beam from the wall had fallen on top of him. This left him awaiting a suffocating death. Cuphead and Mugman tried to remove the beam, but none of their weapons worked on it.