Chapter 10

Dice made his way over to where Porsha's corpse laid. A faint memory he had with her came back to him. It was of her smiling at one of his corny jokes with her warm rosy cheeks, that brought out her freckles, and beautiful ruby eyes. He kneeled down as another memory of her fluttered around him. It was of Porsha smiling as the two looked up at the starts. Dice recalled not looking at the starts, but at her glowing bouncing curls and silhouette illuminated by the moon. Dice picked up Porsha's limp body as more and more memories rushed through his mind. He held her close to him as he tilted his head down.

"Dice." Cuphead said, causing Dice to shift his focus to the lad.

"Look." Mugman said pointing at them as the flowers changed colors.

The plants changed to many hues of purple and around Porsha were even more aster flowers than before. The Devil walked up as the Brothers looked at him with suspicion. Dice gripped Porsha tighter to his chest as the demon huffed in frustration.

"I may rule all of hell, but I was once an angel too." The Devil explained as he snapped his fingers. Porsha gasped for air, in shock of having her soul shoved back into her body, and began to cough. "A little mercy never killed anyone, ya know?" 

Dice was shocked, he had never seen, never in his time of working for the demon himself, to show any kind of remorse. "W-why would you do this?" He asked and the Devil just departed down the plane.

"Cuz, this girl is one in a million." The Devil mumbled underneath him breathe as he disappeared.

"Posha?" Dice said and Porsha was confused. He gripped her shoulder and put his hand on her face. "P-Porsha!?" Dice's voice was worried as she met his gaze.

Porsha put her hand on his face, then her other hand to his face, and finally spoke. "D-Dice..."

Dice sighed happily in relief as he hugged her tightly and the cup brothers ran to her. "PORSHA!" The boys cried as they embraced her as well.

She smiled faintly and chuckled. "C-Cuphead. Mugman. You boys are alight...Thank goodness..." Porsha returned their embrace as Dice remembered the note in his pocket.

"Porsha." Dice handed her the note in her hand.

"Dice..." Porsha replied resting her head on his chest. "I gave you this...you keep it..." She took his hand and held it closely with hers.

"Wait, does this mean we can go home now?" Mugman asked and Cuphead chimed in as well.

"Yeah look! The North is coming back now!" 

Dice looked to Porsha for an answer and she nodded her head. "Yes, you all can go home."

"You mean we." Dice replied picking her up.

"What?" She retaliated back in confusion. 

"It is true you are apart of our home too!" Cuphead said walking beside them.

"That's right! After all, your parents were from Inwell, so, you are family!" Mugman agreed as Porsha saw Dice smiling at the boys.

"Alrighty then, let's all go home boys." Porsha said as she felt content in Dice's arms.

The four reached the docks and noticed the whole city was gone as the boat arrived. Dice had put Porsha down and she stood behind them. The horn of the ship sounded as the passengers stared at them. Dice and the Cup brothers looked at Porhsa as the wind picked up in the docks. Porsha took in one last moment of this place. This was her temporary home after all, for only a moment, but then was a prison for souls damned from the start. Then, then why, Why was she spared when everyone else parished around her. She could see the pathways and trails of the now forgotten city as Dice put his hand gently on her shoulder.