Chapter 17

Porsha and her father made their way through the wreckage of the city as more men and women were at war with one another. Porsha was older now, about 17, and learned more things that she could ever learn. How to survive, evade, and keep out of sight from anyone who could cause them harm. Her father was running and racing to get her to a safe place when it happened. Blackruth found him, with no other choice, no other option after he saw his little girl shattered to pieces in front of him.

"Let me heal her." Moon begged while being pinned down by the two birds.

"What is in it for me?" Blackruth asked one of the men.

"She's a china doll? Oh! I get it now. A porcelain doll, now that makes sense." One of the birds cawed cackling. 

"Such a poor thing. With all this on her shoulders, how will she cope with the loss of her family?" The other spoke with an unforgiving scratchy tone.

"Now-now-now, we must not tease the little doll." Blackruth said, looking at Porsha's broken body. "It must be a tragedy to have that sort of life."

"I will finish the machine if you let me heal her." Moon broke the mockery of his child with one sentence that sealed his damnation to Blackruth.

"Deal." Blackruth grinned as the birds released Moon from their hold.

"P-Porsha..." Moon pulled his distraught emotions together as he raised his hands. His hands started the glow and Porsha was beginning to become whole again. "Can you hear me, love?" 

She opened eyes and he Held out his hand. "W-what happened?" 

"Just a bad dream, but you are okay now." Moon said hugging his precious daughter.

~~~(End of Porsha's Dream)~~~

Porsha opened her eyes wearily as she sat up in her bed. She remembered the memory she had recalled in her sleep while rubbing her eyes to get her awake. No, he was protecting me....wasn't he?  Porsha thought, her mind piecing together something, and getting up quickly out of the bed. She fell flat on the floor with a loud thud, causing Dice to jolt awake.

"H-HUhhh???" Dice sputtered while trying to see what happened. He saw Porsha, "H-hey!  Take it easy, Porsha!" and helped her up.

"I know you are going to hate me for asking this, but I need to talk to someone." Porsha replied, now standing by her self. 

"Who?" 

"The Devil." 

Dice was taken back by her response. "Are you serious? Him of all people?" 

"I know it sounds strange, but he knows something and I need to make sure it is right...I recalled something from my dream about my father...and it may have something to do with this..." She handed him the glue from her bathroom and compared it to hers. "They are almost the same type and structure, but yours may have a different component than mine."

"How so?" Dice asked and looked at her legs.

She took off her bandages and they revealed her legs, now soft and not as breakable. "Whatever is in yours was what my father put in mine, but more valuable for dolls and other types of porcelain beings."

"So, this is a hunch. What I have here could be the final product of your father's so-called 'glue'?" 

"Exactly, or at least I hope my hypothesis is right."

"Do you really want to speak to him?" He asked again, hoping for a different answer.

"Yes, please, just one conversation and then I am done." Porsha answered and took his hand.